Daft question regarding the `method feeder'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody29

Apologies in advance if this sounds like a bit of a silly qestion [:I], but what exactly are the advantages of using the `method feeder' over a more traditional cage-feeder set up?

I understand that a much shorter hook length is used, and that the bait can be physically hidden within the groundbait, but does this really improve catch rates?

supersuperleeds

The fish attack the feeder to get the ground bait and suck up the hook bait whilst doing it. The method is a great way of catching and the bites are absolutely savage.

fish finder

callum
i used the cage yesterday instead of the method i had about 8 casts and got 4 bream better results than i have been getting on the method recently.
but the advantages of the method is that as all the bait is visible not in a cage they will beable to get at it easier and wont spook off of it as much. the short hooklink means the fish will most likely find your bait quicker if you had a short hooklink on a cage the fish may feel the cage and spook off it.

chrishorobin

The method also allows you to cast closer to islands/features without the hook link getting snagged in vegetation, as supersuperleeds says the bites are savage so always remember to keep hold of the rod otherwise they will drag it in !!!!

petert

I used the method feeder on Sunday and had about 45 casts and had 42 Bream.So make your mind up. Fished today and had 30 bream with 34 casts even had a 2lb roach

Status
Not open for further replies.