Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
DsMkABZXgAEm88L.jpg

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Dig a hole and bury them :D

I did a job for a builder who did that with some asbestos Dave. Years later a garden landscaper dug it up while putting some fence posts in. Told the client. The client had the council around. Builder got a right royal f###ing. The diggers got called in along with god knows how many builders skips and new top soil was imported. Naughty naughty builder. 🙄

Gaz9243

🤣🤣. A sparky will tell you …… A plumber is simply a sparky with his brain kicked out of him. 🤣🤣
I’d have to argue that. The one on my last job, clearly hadn’t got any brain cells left. Asking me why so many cables are under the bathroom floor. Maybe it’s the 12 down lights in the kitchen below, he was clueless.
If he had any brain cells left, the customer was wanting to finish them off.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I’d have to argue that. The one on my last job, clearly hadn’t got any brain cells left. Asking me why so many cables are under the bathroom floor. Maybe it’s the 12 down lights in the kitchen below, he was clueless.
If he had any brain cells left, the customer was wanting to finish them off.

They live amongst us. You wanna see some of the plonkers that came to me for a job. 😳. Qualifications a mile long but, absolutely clueless. 🤷‍♂️

bluemack

Site Supporter
Apparently this wall was added by the last owner. Only wall in the house with the metal frame. I asked my dad about the wiring and he didn't say much about it, just that it's the mains that goes upstairs from there. He's an ex sparky so has had to do some work to the way the lights were wired but nothing to the mains. The old dining room light was wired from the conservatory room light. Problem now he reckons is getting rid of the plasterboard as our tip doesn't take it and the nearest living in Staffs is Burton on Trent. So he's going to get my uncle to take it to one in Birmingham.
There's one in Bromsgrove mate that takes it is thin it's down money Lane
Bromsgrove to Halesowen road👍

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
He's taken the other door out and put a frame up ready for the big sheet of plasterboard he saved. I asked him why he saved it and didn't buy it and he said something along the lines of "it would be a crying shame to waste it". :LOL: So just finishing off the door, ceiling and floor are the main jobs now. Other walls will need touching up too.

2021-12-01 18.15.56.jpg

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
He's taken the other door out and put a frame up ready for the big sheet of plasterboard he saved. I asked him why he saved it and didn't buy it and he said something along the lines of "it would be a crying shame to waste it". :LOL: So just finishing off the door, ceiling and floor are the main jobs now. Other walls will need touching up too.

2021-12-01 18.15.56.jpg

He’s a star. 👍

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Where're his noggins?

And I don't mean the one on his shoulders :D

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
He reckons he thought about it but it's that small he didn't need them, plus the woods too expensive so he's reused pieces as would have cost him £40 just for that small bit.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
He reckons he thought about it but it's that small he didn't need them, plus the woods too expensive so he's reused pieces as would have cost him £40 just for that small bit.

He may regret that if later the skim starts cracking. Noggins add stability and give a fixing for his plasterboards. His plasterboard may bow without them Steve. 😳