Dad vs Son - Feeder vs Waggler - Rock hard day!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
This isn't the sort of session I'd usually right up as it was rock hard.

I was full of anticipation even though I only caught 9 fish last time at Wassell Grove fishery. I thought I could get there earlier and jump on a better peg this time but I don't really know what are the best pegs there yet as only been twice. Ended up on the point of the lake with my dad next to me. Two different islands opposite us.

I was to fish my usual method of a cage feeder and my dad was to fish the waggler.

It got busy there quickly with someone coming to fish the peg 6m to the left of me about half an hour after we started.

It started alright for both me and my dad. An early small F1 for me and a Skimmer for my dad. We were neck and neck.

Ended up with me having 7 fish (4 F1s and 3 Skimmers) and my dad having only 4 fish (2 Skimmers and 2 Perch. So I won that one.

Not many fish were coming out at all on the lake, many only having a couple of small fish. The bloke to the left of me started on the pole and had 2 small Roach and then when he saw me catching on the feeder set up a method feeder. On his first three chucks he was laughing as he had 3 Carp, two of them small but one about 5lb. So he had the most fish out of anyone on the lake. But it went quiet for him too so me and my dad decided to call it a day about 12.30.

So all in all a rock hard day, not many caught on the whole lake, with feeder having the most the fish.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Cheers and fishing with my dad was the most important thing for me. I would have liked for him to catch a few more as he's more likely to come with in future that way. 😆 I keep dragging him to places where he doesn't catch anything. I was just saying to him I hope we have a warm spell soon or I think our planned Bream excursions might be difficult too.