D.A.I./Last session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam S

Account Locked
Hello all

I havent been able to get on here much lately, but its good
to be back.

anyway firstly i thought i would tell y`all about the dublin angling initiative, its a programme set up by the Irish eastern regional fisheries board to promote angling in the capital, its main function aside from promoting fishing in dublin via the media is to introduce kids from the city to fishing and support and encourage them to take it up and set up clubs, learn about conservation etc.. I have been working with them as an angling tutor for the last three summers.

Its administrator is mr.Des Chew who can be contacted at:
des.chew@erfb.ie

Des works tirelessly all year and has had a real impact on angling here in dublin, he is also great with the kids and throughly commited to environmental awareness and conservation, he also trout fishes but we will have to forgive him for that[:D]

Here are a couple of pictures i took while working with The DAI in the summer:

Here is a few of the kids fishing the canal

Datafile2.jpg

here are a couple of pics of the kids with their first fish

Datafile2.jpg

Datafile2.jpg

secondly heres a quick report about my last session on my local river liffey this year, before college curtailed my activity.

Eoin and i had been prebaitng a atretch of the river just below a sunken weir for a couple of nights, the swim is at the end of an old mill race and can only be reached by canoe, so we had to paddle up th prebait.

on the last day of prebaitng we decided to fish the river above our prebaited stretch, this stretch is much shallower and faster than the mill race, and looks like lovely barbel water(if we had any here dammit!)

we fished stick float and feeder, with corn,maggots,hemp and a light fluffy groundbait.

this is eoin fishing in the bridge swim in celbridge village

Datafile2.jpg

The fishing was good (as it usually is here) and we had about 50 roach to 12oz, 15 perch to about a pound and a 1lbs 4oz trout.The weather was lovely which made the whole day really enjoyable

Heres one of the perch:

Datafile2.jpg

and heres the trout, i got him from under the tree on the farside on feeder fished maggot:

Datafile2.jpg

The next day we canoed all our gear up to our prebaited swim for a 24 hour session .

Heres the swim :

Datafile2.jpg

We set up and planned to fish, stick float and feeder into the crease where the mill race joins the main river.

we also fished a dead roach on the side of prebaited area to pick up a pike or a few eels

we fished through to darkness for about 30lbs of roach, and six eels on maggot. we also had some great eel runs on the deadbait but we couldnt hit them due to the size of the bait.eoin also had a nice hybrid of about 2lbs.

The folowing dawn we awoke early and had about another 20lbs of roach and i had a 3lbs 3oz hybrid on feeder fished corn.

I also lost a pike of about 7lbs, he snatched a roach i was landing but he let go at the net, i then hooked him on a float fished dead roach, but he spat that out too (damn clever pike).all night (and a cold night it was as there was no room for a bivvie on the small mill race island) we could hear splashes and at dawn we could see they were salmon waiting to go up the weir.

heres my hybrid:

Datafile2.jpg

Datafile2.jpg

and heres eoin with the dawn bag of roach and a hybrid

Datafile2.jpg

and thats about it, no fishing for me now until december when the pike season gets going, ah well!

finally and most importantly i would like to say farewell, and dedicate this to trev.I only fished with him once but i will always remember it.I hope your somewhere where every barbel is a double trev.
goodbye.

good luck
ADAM

http://groups.msn.com/ADAMSALBUM79

Last edited:

Steve

Nice report Adam and some good fish too.

Keep up the good work with the DAI.

Fishermen have more fun than people do!

Steve

G

Great work adam,, keep it up mate,

Nice to see you back and posting[^]

Andy,

catman

hay adam well done mate,nice to see you have had some time at least to go and do a little fishing. keep up the good work and study hard.
well done adam from gary and loring.

Status
Not open for further replies.