Cycle lanes

TiggerXFM

See the thing is Tigger you post laughs but you don't think things through.
I will just put it down to another of your conspiracy theories.
🤣🤣

Tell that to Andy Burnham the mayor of manchester 🙄.
We are many miles away from the city of manchester and yet may still be sucked into the clean air zone area charge....the cameras and signs are already up for all to see.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
That is nothing to do with the point I made about why councils need inner city retail trade.

peterb

Site Supporter
I drive through Cardiff regularly , I lived there for most of my life , it is becoming a nightmare where roads have had bus lanes and cycle lanes squeezed into what were quite narrow roads to start with , couple that with traffic calming and many 20mph zones where everyone is driving around in second or third gear causing more pollution

nejohn

Site Supporter
I drive through Cardiff regularly , I lived there for most of my life , it is becoming a nightmare where roads have had bus lanes and cycle lanes squeezed into what were quite narrow roads to start with , couple that with traffic calming and many 20mph zones where everyone is driving around in second or third gear causing more pollution
Yes it's an absolute nightmare at the minute, the latest one that got me yesterday was at the top end of Cathay's just before roath park

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
We have the same in Leeds - a mindless ongoing project to reduce road width and usage and replace with dual pedestrian and cycle lanes. The council are just embarking on their latest brainless scheme to redesign the main arterial entry point onto and off the city's urban motorway. The plans will cause disruption for two years!
The end result, one roundabout less, fewer lanes for cars, nice cycle lanes and dedicated bus lanes. Yet the majority of traffic entering and leaving Leeds uses this route.
#

My theory is they don't want people using cars, full stop.
You can't travel into the city centre in a car as there are dedicated bus/cycle/taxi (not private hire) routes. Cameras in case you enter into them, and more shops boarding up windows as their trade has gone out of town, or online.

I often wonder how many of the planners use cars or are they all vegan munching, rainbow loving, tree hugging cyclists ?

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Why would it benefit the government having all retail items delivered when it would leave large gaps in the councils retail rate revenues that would need to be filled?
This would also include revenue generated from parking charges.
Closed down shops in town centres are easily converted into housing.

Robwooly

Parts of London have gone full circle. The area where my dad lives has had poorly located cycle lanes removed and converted back to dual carriageway. As has another cycle lane which is still there but so is the parking which was threatened with removal. Why? Because the residents complained. The latter is an example of bikes and cars together working well instead of the latter being shafted.

Next time you are canvassed by your local MP or aspiring one come election time ask what they are doing about the traffic, the lack of parking etc and point out you are a voter who DRIVES

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
We have the same in Leeds - a mindless ongoing project to reduce road width and usage and replace with dual pedestrian and cycle lanes. The council are just embarking on their latest brainless scheme to redesign the main arterial entry point onto and off the city's urban motorway. The plans will cause disruption for two years!
The end result, one roundabout less, fewer lanes for cars, nice cycle lanes and dedicated bus lanes. Yet the majority of traffic entering and leaving Leeds uses this route.
#

My theory is they don't want people using cars, full stop.
You can't travel into the city centre in a car as there are dedicated bus/cycle/taxi (not private hire) routes. Cameras in case you enter into them, and more shops boarding up windows as their trade has gone out of town, or online.

I often wonder how many of the planners use cars or are they all vegan munching, rainbow loving, tree hugging cyclists ?
The Oxford council voted to vegan only meals at their meetings . Not all councillors agreed but vote went the other way,

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I cycle to work and cycle for pleasure.
I won’t use cycle lanes or cycle/pedestrian lanes.
Cycle lanes aren’t cleaned and you are guaranteed a puncture
Cycle/pedestrian lanes are to dangerous with people walking around Looking into their phones.
I’m happy to stay on the road thank you