Customer service???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dagobert II

Recently placed an order with a well known tackle supplier, when the items arrived the pot of popups was only half full and the 2 reels were substituted without discussion. (match reels replaced with free runners)
When I contacted "customer services" the guy seemed half asleep and totally disinterested. He did manage to point out "we are a very big company" 3 times and only said sorry once. I for one will be looking for a new supplier who realizes it may only be 300 pounds to them but its a weeks wages for me. [:(!]

Grippa

Funnily enough, I received my first ever online tackle order yesterday, and there was a pack of hooks missing. I raised an issue on their website, and my money was refunded in a couple of hours. It was only a couple of quid, but it was such a quick and painless process that I can't fault them.

Am I allowed to mention the website?

0lly

I can recommend iansfishingtackle.co.uk as a good online retailer. Turn orders around quick and are very helpfull.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Tony, have you just let this slide? Have you not tried to find some help to uphold your rights against this well known company?
The more well known they are the more they have to guard their name.
I'm sure there are MDs on here that can help you better than me!
[:T]

Grippa

I'd never heard of it before, but Ian's shop is only just up the road from me. I may pay them a visit tomorrow to check them out. Cheers.

Dagobert II

Brian I have sent back the whole order and will not be buying any more kit from Hatt Mayes (name changed to protect the innocent)

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Don't leave it there mate, e-mail the guy with his name over the company's doors so to speak. I am sure he wont want his name associated with shoddy customer service.

Dagobert II

Quick update sent stuff back on Friday gave them a call this morning Wednesday to make sure they had received it. Was told it was in a huge pile of returns and would be dealt with as and when. Oh and of course he had to point out "we are a very big company". Is it just me surely when you phone "customer services" you want the guy to sound interested and concerned not just tell you youre in a heap and when we can be arsed you might get your money back.

MALC

Originally posted by 0lly

I can recommend iansfishingtackle.co.uk as a good online retailer. Turn orders around quick and are very helpfull.

Well what else would you expect with Gem (Jammy1) doing it.[;)]

captain boycott

Name and shame! No excuses for cr@ppy customer services, esp not being a very big company. The larger tackle suppliers are some of the most efficient. If a company wants to ruin their reputation amongst anglers so be it, there's plenty of other companies out there that offer a great service.
Erics for one, gets a big thumbs up from me!

Smiffy2

Paulsanglingsupplies does it for me on ebay.
A good range of gear, and I never have to wait more than two days from ordering.
Reel-deal-tackle are really good too.
I will always look at these two first if I need something.
Poingdestres are another very good company that I have had dealings with.

parrotman

The 'Hatt Mayes' company are s**t with returns. My dad returned a bad fly line he complained about, at their request, and then had to make a lot of follow up calls to get any action. Promises such as a new one will be with you in the next few days changed a few days later to ,'we have a lot of returns and its probably not been processed' etc. etc.
The only bad experience I have had ordering on line is from the same company. In fairness some orders with them went exceptionally well but if theres a problem its a different matter. Stopped using them for this reason.

paul_fish

Cant be that good if they have a pile of returns to be sorted.

They must have a lot of unhappy customers.

I can highly reccommend buygoodtackle.com.
Bryan's service to his customers is excellent.
I ordered 20 floats monday night (all yellow tips) arrived this morning by recorded delivery at no extra charge.

Nana

I recently dealt wih a Shop in Sheffield called Tackle 2 Fish, great service and the price was very good too. ebay ident is 0114tackle2fish.

Name and Shame them for bad service but also name and praise the good ones that put the effort in.

Dagobert II

The saga continues it is now over a week since I returned the order, phoned this morning (Monday) to be told they only received the returned items on Friday (blatant lie) they were picked up the Friday before on a next day. I was then told I would get a refund to my account within the next 5-7 days. How the F*%$ in 2010 does it take 5-7 days to transfer money from one account to another??? Fishtec (we are a very big company) hold your head in shame.

supersuperleeds

Originally posted by Dagobert II

The saga continues it is now over a week since I returned the order, phoned this morning (Monday) to be told they only received the returned items on Friday (blatant lie) they were picked up the Friday before on a next day. I was then told I would get a refund to my account within the next 5-7 days. How the F*%$ in 2010 does it take 5-7 days to transfer money from one account to another??? Fishtec (we are a very big company) hold your head in shame.

Was looking at a catalogue of theirs yesterday, don't think I will bother now.

Kaicat

I'll second that for Tackle 2 Fish in Sheffield.

Great ebay service and their a great bunch of lads in the shop aswell if you get the chance to visit. Very well stocked and very helpfull. [:T]

python

I have had excellent service from matchmansupplies e mails you to advise when order is being packed and then again to advise when has been shipped. And if memory serves free postage.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.