CUSTOM SEAT BOX SEATS

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Totally agree. Got mine around xmas for my s25. Fantastic bit of kit and a huge improvement on the standard matrix one, plus you can be a real tackle tart and have your name on it just incase you forget what peg you were on!! 🤣🤣🤣
Had my name put on mine to deter thieves Lee did a fantastic job I'm well pleased

Resized_20191218_113106_1706.jpg

1kingy

Never say never
Site Supporter
They look really good and top quality, how much do they cost?
I’m not a tackle tart, but I fancy treating myself 😀😀

jasonb

I have to say what lee does is top quality, he's done 2 for me and the material is very hard wearing and the foam holds it shape, my kit gets used a lot and I honestly cant fault the seats.

johng19

me@home.com
Site Supporter
I prefer the old split seat myself. Which l had made by CSB. Very happy with it had it a good few years now and still no problems.

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
hi have had a maver signature gel seat for more than 5 years, very comfortable, very very hard wearing nearly as good today as the day I got and i fish 50+ per year in and out of the car.

Just bought a Garbo DC36-71, looks to be just a foam seat like a lot of the "superb" seatboxes. It seems a lot of the MaP ones split easily.

Do custom seatboxes do a gel seat ? The comments certainly suggest that the foam ones from them are top notch.
And what sourt of budget do i need, would £100 cover a custom seat purchase ?

Leepic

hi have had a maver signature gel seat for more than 5 years, very comfortable, very very hard wearing nearly as good today as the day I got and i fish 50+ per year in and out of the car.

Just bought a Garbo DC36-71, looks to be just a foam seat like a lot of the "superb" seatboxes. It seems a lot of the MaP ones split easily.

Do custom seatboxes do a gel seat ? The comments certainly suggest that the foam ones from them are top notch.
And what sourt of budget do i need, would £100 cover a custom seat purchase ?
Hi mate,all my seats are foam.You will have a hard time trying to find someone who makes gel seats due to the proccess involved with gel.Normaly a seat with your name rear and a small logo,plus a large logo top would be £90 posted.Build time at moment is minimum of 6 weeks from payment as im very busy and also behind on orders due to the lockdown and getting materials etc.If u want to check some seats out then check out my page on Facebook...Custom seatbox seats.Cheers Lee

Anglingman

Mr Ginster
Site Supporter
thanks Lee your work looks great. I've loved my gel seat, best I've ever had.

My seat is brand new as only just bought the box but given track record of a load of foam seats am just concerned it will fail relatively quickly to a gel.

Once the new seat fails ill defo be in touch (y)

Tip_King

Going off at a bit of a tangent, AS1 boxes were made at a place called Pilling which is tucked away in the northern corner of the Fylde area of Lancashire. Sadly the company never really recovered from the sudden death of the founder, a chap called called Norman Bennett (?).
We lived in that area for, gosh, 25 years and one summer my Sixth Form student son got a temporary job at AS. One little perk was that he could have left over bits that he assembled into his own AS1 box. He loved that box although I have to say it was far too heavy for my liking. Prior to AS1's we all had a Shakespeare plastic jobby so I think it is fair to say that AS1's were the pioneers for the amazing creations you see on the banks of fisheries today.
He was called Norman Booth I think. I drew next to him on Strettons Shore in Cavan on the last time he went on the King of Clubs before he died

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
He was called Norman Booth I think. I drew next to him on Strettons Shore in Cavan on the last time he went on the King of Clubs before he died
His name was Norman Butler.
Hence the sticker on the box
NB Anglesports.
I think his nickname was Butty.
I used to see him in a tackle warehouse at Haydock.

pies

Site Supporter
Is it possible to get a seat redone but not have the stupid pole cut out?

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
His name was Norman Butler.
Hence the sticker on the box
NB Anglesports.
I think his nickname was Butty.
I used to see him in a tackle warehouse at Haydock.
Toasty was his nickname
I had one of the first ones he manufactured my soon to be wife bought it for my birthday from Ted Carters in February 1982 and I headed off to Enniskillen for Cliff Smarts festival where it was dismissed as a gimmick by many of the anglers at the time who thought a Brennan and Hickman fibreglass box was all you needed but the legs gave it a massive advantage when pole fishing and within two years he could hardly keep up with the demand.
Toasty also organised a night out in Blackpool for a party of businessmen (tackle dealers and anglers) which proved to be hilarious from the coach trip there followed by emptying the hotels all you can eat buffet then the disco downstairs,happy days indeed.