CUSTOM SEAT BOX SEATS

derwentboy

I recently ordered a replacement seat for my old AS1 Box from Custom Seat Box Seats , who are mainly based on facebook CUSTOM SEAT BOX SEATS and on the internet at www.customseatboxseats.co.uk There's plenty of images on his pages
The guy's name is Lee Pickup, based in Merseyside and all I can say that the work he's done for me is top quality..good comms, quite a few designs to choose from and plenty of different options/colour schemes/personalisation etc etc for any type of box. Can't recommend the service highly enough.
View media item 394

Fintank

Totally agree. Got mine around xmas for my s25. Fantastic bit of kit and a huge improvement on the standard matrix one, plus you can be a real tackle tart and have your name on it just incase you forget what peg you were on!! 🤣🤣🤣

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
Mine arrived after a couple of weeks. Superb quality and after using it for the first time on Sunday I found it to be comfortable and exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks Lee.

fredradac

Site Supporter
Going off at a bit of a tangent, AS1 boxes were made at a place called Pilling which is tucked away in the northern corner of the Fylde area of Lancashire. Sadly the company never really recovered from the sudden death of the founder, a chap called called Norman Bennett (?).
We lived in that area for, gosh, 25 years and one summer my Sixth Form student son got a temporary job at AS. One little perk was that he could have left over bits that he assembled into his own AS1 box. He loved that box although I have to say it was far too heavy for my liking. Prior to AS1's we all had a Shakespeare plastic jobby so I think it is fair to say that AS1's were the pioneers for the amazing creations you see on the banks of fisheries today.

derwentboy

Pilling? That's not to far from me. For me it's a great design of box..my second hand one must be 40plus years old and every single bit of it is working perfectly. I wanted one for years and got an old one last year..you can't beat good design.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
@Leepic I have a White Preston D36, how easy is it to removethe old and fit the new seat in place ?

Leepic

@Leepic I have a White Preston D36, how easy is it to removethe old and fit the new seat in place ?
If u take the top off that your seat is atatched 2,turn it upside down u should see screws,unscrew them and seat should come off,sometimes the put foam underneath the seat so u cant see the screws,if so u should be able to feel the screws,peel it back and unscrew.Fitting is just the reterse.👍

16m-andbadback

Site Supporter
Lee just a quick one as I don't have facebook I sent you money for raffle (your dogs op) hope you got it :)