Cup to fit landing net pole?

rd115

Some of the gear, No idea
Site Supporter
Had a quick Google but couldn't find much.

After going on my arse trying to get some water out of the Severn to wet my groundbait I've decided its time to get some sort of cup to screw into my landing net handle.

Anyone make such a thing? Preferably not Orange 😁

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Bait bucket in your landing net, just drop it in flick it upright and lift carefully so you can get about a pint a time in a 3 pint box

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I have a similar diy approach of a pint milk bottle with a couple stones in on a string, don’t need it often on the banks around here but occasionally it comes in handy! Sponge does sound a better idea though 👍🏻

carphauler

Roachhauler
Bait bucket in your landing net, just drop it in flick it upright and lift carefully so you can get about a pint a time in a 3 pint box
That's what I do, bit of a fiddle sometimes trying to get the bait box under the water but easy enough once you've done it a few times.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
Many years ago I went face first down the bank on the stretch opposite Monkmoor trying to position a keepnet in November so I try and avoid any possibility of doing it again :D
The worst part apart from the cold water was trying to get out up a sheer bank luckily I am a good swimmer so floating down the river to the best looking spot to get out was easy but remember even if you can swim it only takes a few seconds to go in and not everybody is getting out.

Markus

Drop bucket or sponge. Last may sound unusual but Sensas even sell one for wetting groundbait

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
All you need is a 3/8"BSF nut & bolt (brass ideally), drill a hole in whatever you want to use. insert bolt from the inside attach the nut and tighten up. Fit to landing net handle and away you go.

davebike1

Site Supporter
I use steel mug and a 3/8" BSF nut and bolt as well I even carry an extra landing net pole for it !

chubby chubber

Site Supporter
sensas drop bucket on a string shrrunk up yo nothing in ya bag and work every time best 7 quid you will ever spend trust me who wants to be ringing a freezing cold sponge in winter jesus and people say us yorkshire folk are tight thers enough rope even for the highest of banks on rivers n canals takes 2 seconds to fil n empty then back in ya bag