cudmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Having been there twice my best advice would be to go else where.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Dervaig

What's the problem Malc? I had planned a trip down there myself.

Dervaig

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Brown & mudmore is a true "muddy hole" type of fishery.

I would suggest anyone wanting to have a good fishing trip find somewhere else.

Litter all over the banks, rotting frame tents everywhere, totally stupid rules like "only bait brought on site to be used" what they forget to say is "& don't forget to remortgage your house to buy some".

certain peoples attitudes (staff) leaves a hell of a lot to be desired, & of course the small fact that the EA found SCV in their pools/stock fish but they refused to close down.

That place is about one thing & one thing only, money.

"Opinions and views posted on this site are those of the poster and not necessarily representative of the views and opinions of the website owner"

And if they want to sue me go ahead cos i've got nothing worth having anywa.

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And don't forget -

"Opinions and views posted on this site are those of the poster and not necessarily representative of the views and opinions of the website owner"

[;)]

Dave

Dervaig

Wow!!!!
Thanks for the warning. Not exactly the picture painted in the IYCF.
Thanks again, its a fair way for me.

Dervaig

BlythMags

I love people who speak their minds!!

Well done!!

If only there were more people like us around, eh?

Alan G

Right, who can we hack to pieces next?

Woodlands, anyone?

Simon R

Site Supporter
Don't get me started on Woodlands Alan [:(!]

I used to enjoy the odd day down there but now its 100% match orientated. I know there's five of the thirteen ponds not match-fished but have you tried getting a peg on any of them when the weather's good?

Have you been down there in the summer[?]
Usually there's a half-mile queue of cars waiting to get in (I know people who get there at 5am to make sure they're first in the queue), then when you get to the car-park there's a Linford Christie style dash to the 'best' pegs. Not that it makes any difference if you get a good peg or not - as soon as you start catching one of the 'deckchair brigade' will lob a 2oz bomb into your peg - probably from 6 pegs away [:p][V].

I haven't fished it since October 2001 (and that was a Winter League match) and unless IYCF start giving away a free day's fishing again I can't see me returning.

I've nothing against commercial fisheries but some are just TOO commercial (funnily enough you seem to hear the most complaints about the Premier Fisheries - I wonder why?)

I know Robin Fletcher, the owner of Woodlands, quite well and used to fish there when he only had the one lake. He always said that his pleasure anglers came first, well I'm sorry but thats no longer true. I went to Woodlands last summer for a wander about, I think it was one of the bank holidays and needless to say there was a match in progress. It was an open match and was spread across all eight of the match lakes. I think there's somewhere in the region of 200 pegs on the match lakes but guess how many were fishing in the match? - 85[:0]
Some of the lakes only had five or six anglers on them!
Meanwhile on the pleasure lakes the anglers were shoehorned in - there wasn't a single empty peg on any of them. If thats putting your pleasure anglers first ................

Right I'm off to go and sit in a darkened room for a while [:p]

Tight Lines

Simon

Last edited:

BlythMags

I hear the locals are trying to get it shut down 'cos the amount of litter there is attracting hordes of rats!!

I have to say, I didn't envisage that kind of scene when I decided to take up angling - it's not my cup of tea, I have to say.

Just quickly - we're off to Renny's tomorrow and, taking your advice, we're setting off around 9:30 to get there for the afternoon when the fishing is better.

Will we be okay for pegs, as we won't get there until around 10:30 - 11am, or is it preferable to leave early to secure a peg......bearing in mind that today's weather (and tomorrows) is very decent indeed?

Are there any facilities on site (toilets, tea / coffee, bait, etc)?

Are there matches on Fridays?

Thanks again

Alan G

Simon R

Site Supporter
If the weathers good I'd maybe go a little earlier, it does get quite busy on 'nice' days.
There's a portaloo on the site but apart from that absolutely nothing. If you want breakfast you'll have to call at the Little Chef on the A19 (make sure your wallets full though [:p])

It might be 'decent' weather where you are but its not very nice down here in darkest Teesside. It's overcast and generally a bit manky today[:p]

Tight Lines

Simon

MALC

Trogg has pretty much covered the reasons why i wont return to Cudmore again.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

joe32

It amazes me that these places are still in buisness,anglers need to vote with there feet and I'm sure that these places would buck there ideas up.
I cant understand this non friendly attitude to customers as it's the customer that make the owners the money.Without us,the angler,they have no income so you would think they could act in a more professional manner.
Cudmore is just a few miles from my inlaws and I was planning on having a few day on there in the summer but from what i have read i dont think I'll bother and give my money to someone who gives a damn about his customers.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

BlythMags

I tend to agree that 'voting with your feet' is the thing to do.

However, woodlands is probably thr best commercial in the North East and people will travel miles (we live 80 mile away!) to get there in order to ensure a productive days fishing.....especially at this time of year where we are blanking at our local venues!!

Shame, though as it WOULD open the owners eyes up to his own greed!

Alan G

joe32

I think that is the problem,it's getting anglers to walk away from as you say some of the best fishing in a certain area.
But i think if anglers boycott these venues then the overall stanard will improve for everyone.
Letter to the weekly fishing mags may go someway to making these greedy venue owners to think,because nobody likes bad publicity.
But the main group of people that have to make a stand are the match anglers the commercial fishery bread and butter.
But I cant see many match anglers being prepaired to fish a less productive venue in the depths of winter.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The rumore mill is in full production around these parts & if what i hear is true, browning cudmore will be plain cudmore pretty soon as browning have declined renewing thier sponsorship of the mud hole after the "bad" press etc the place has recieved over the ast few months & the obvious "don't give a to55" style of "care" from the staff/owners

Woodlands i can't comment on because i've never even seen it let alone fished it but as the saying goes "i know a man who has", & he's there a lot fishing the matches.

Alan

There's a monster outside my window..can i have a glass of water?

Status
Not open for further replies.