CUDMORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAZZA

ANYONE KNOW THE SCORE ON HERE NOW,SOME PPL ARE TELLING ME THAT ITS UNFISHABLE,WITH THE DISEASED FISH????SOME SAY IF YOU FISH IT YOU CANT USE YOUR KEEPNET AT ANY OTHER FISHERIE.

GARY MELLING

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Gazza,

At the moment the fishery owners are playing down the infection. The true extent is only known to them and we can only speculate at present.
There is a thread on it here: http://www.maggotdrowning.com/forums/threads/2566&SearchTerms=cudmore

For the correct, uptodate, position you can give their fishery managers a ring:

All enquiries please contact Mr Frank Clarke or Mr Vick Spooner " Fishery Managers " on

Tel:- (01782) 680919 Fax:- (01782) 680490

Tighter lines,

Dave

Polepot

Poles
Gazza,

It was printed in AT this week that other fisheries were banning people who had fished at Cudmore, but I do not think they were named.

Poles

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
Two pools were found to be affected by SVC. As far as I know Cudmore contrary to local anglers views has remained open.
All nets should be immersed for a minimum of 15 mins to be effective and the disinfectant must be iodine based. Alternatively all nets in fact all tackle should be allowed to dry out thoroughly and I mean bone dry.
Most of the local clubs are up in arms cos cudmore has remained open I have spoken to several officals of local clubs and that is there reaction.
Cudmore attracts visitors from all over the UK so it presents a very great danger that anglers could spread SVC nation wide.
It does not affect just carp either theres pike catfish crucians orfe roach rudd and tench.
I plead with all anglers who are thinking of visiting Cudmore to think again and select an alternative venue.
If you must visit then take all precautions you can to prevent the spread of this disease.

chill out go fishing

granjuiceymoose

'Grinch'
Its a real shame like. I think its stupid that it is still open. Is that the only infected 1 at the moment?

Tight lines [:D]

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
There have been 5 outbreaks reported this year spread over the country.

chill out go fishing

Status
Not open for further replies.