Cubed meat didn't sink of sank slowly

fishing jazzman

Site Supporter
Fished yesterday and decided to take some knife cut cubed meat. I had ruffly cut the meat in to 4, 6 and 8mm slices and cubes. I had stored the cubes in a sealed container, but when I came to use the meat 75% of it floated and the rest seemed to sink very, very slowly.

I had used Tesco's Choice Pork and Ham, which contains (allegedly) 20% fat. Is it the fat content, which made the meat float, or are there any other reasons this might have happened?

chrishorobin

Yes mate it is the fat content, what i do is cube the meat up at home, the run it under hot water in a sieve to wash the fat off, then when you get to your peg keep it covered with lake water in the bait tub, sinks everytime !

alfie

Just put it in water on the bank, most of it will sink. I think the slower the better and wouldn't wash all the fat off as that's what taste the best

trotter2

If you buy the cheep stuff some off it will not sink purchase a decent brand or if you do buy a budget brand test it first.

chunkylover

Ding Dang Do
Originally posted by chrishorobin

Yes mate it is the fat content, what i do is cube the meat up at home, the run it under hot water in a sieve to wash the fat off, then when you get to your peg keep it covered with lake water in the bait tub, sinks everytime !

Same for me