CSL pellets for Carp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian C

Hi guys,

I have just been given some CSL pellets to try when I go carp fishing at the weekend.
Has anyone any experience of these pellets?
How much should I be using this time of year and is there a preferred hookbait to be used in conjunction with the CSL pellets?

Ian C

TINY

Tiny
CSL is corn steep liquor and it has a quick breakdown into a thick yellow liquid.Depending on how the fish are feeding will depend on how much you put in.As a rule of thumb,start with a small amount at regular intervals,then as the fish respond,so must you.I dont think there is a preferred hookbait,but i tend to use an 8mm to 10mm pellet on a hair rig or bait band.
Good luck.

Andy

Ian C

quote:Originally posted by TINY

CSL is corn steep liquor and it has a quick breakdown into a thick yellow liquid.
Cheers Andy, I didn't know they turned into a liquid, I thought they just sat there waiting to be gobbled up.lol
I'm gonna try putting a few in a glass to see how long it takes.

I reckon I'll try breaking up some of my Banana boilies and chuck them and the CSL into either a PVA bag or some Funnel Web and see how that goes. I might even try a bit of sweetcorn and CSL bagged up on the other rod [:D]

Ian C

TINY

Tiny
Thats what its all about.
Trial and error.Good luck

Andy.....Staffs Angling Supplies

bat

M8 youve got no chance off using them as hook baits they dissolve in about 2 mins .how ever they are a brillant attractor ,best used in pva bags with some other pellettts in ther to keep any passing carps attenttion.The other pelletts dont breakjdown as quick so the fish actually have something to munch on, as the CSL breaks down to quick and ther fore have notthing to eat.

Top tip dont buy a big sack as you only have to get them a bit wetand they start breaking down, i discovered this after moisture gathered in my massive capacity bucket and was left with a pile of mulch!!!!

Ian C

quote:Originally posted by bat

M8 youve got no chance off using them as hook baits they dissolve in about 2 mins .
<snip>
Top tip dont buy a big sack as you only have to get them a bit wetand they start breaking down, i discovered this after moisture gathered in my massive capacity bucket and was left with a pile of mulch!!!!
Hi bat,

Yeah, so I discovered when I dropped a few into a glass of water! Quite impressive how quickly they spread out and dissolve. I hadn't planned to use them as hookbait, but thanks for the warning [:D]
Thanks for the Top tip too, I'll remember to buy small amounts and ensure they stay in an air-tight container somewhere warm.

Ian C

TINY

Tiny
Just had a customer in the shop who said,pva bag the pellets with corn.He has just come back from carping this morning and had four carp on that method.Biggest was 26lb,smallest was 18lb.Nice fish

Andy....Staffs Angling Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.