Cs10 cadence feeder rods

slappy2

Evening all!
Wonder what people’s thoughts were with the 10/11ft cs10 feeder rods ?
I have 2 there reels on my browning rods and cast well, but wanting to upgrade my feeder rods now!
Have maver reactorlite wag rods but seen cadence rods and look very good for the money!!
Thought if got 10/11ft feeder rods would cover all my fishing tbh
Would be Fishing bomb at viaduct after big fish to fishing to islands at 40/50 yards
Just wondered if they would be Man enough?
Thanks James

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got one of the CS10 #2's 10ft and it's a lovely rod, well built, good action, and can handle loaded 30g feeders with ease managing 40/50 yards accurately.
I think that's about it's limit though, for longer distances look at the longer rods.

As for big fish, it all depends what you call big. Up to 5lb or so no problem. Anything bigger I'd opt for a 1.75lb Barbel rod or greater.

SteveAmo

You won’t go a miss with these Cadence feeder rods I’ve got both versions of the 11 foot ones, the no 1 is a softer version ideal for silvers and using braid.

The no 2 is ideal for carp I’ve caught fish to nearly 20lb which is handled no problem.

Hope that helps.

david white

Site Supporter
Just to make it clear
Rods are CR10
Reels are CS ( then model number )

I have the 10 ft wand, the 11 ft #1 feeder and the 13 ft feeder rod after taking advice from James Robbins and Paul Kozyra about the type of venues I fish
very happy with how those three rods cover my requirements

slappy2

Thanks guys
With venues fish 10ft and 11ft would do me, I have long distance feeder rods if needed!!
Would like strong rods as some venues fish go to over 20lb
Viaduct being one

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Only ever had one waggle of a cadence feeder rod but it felt nice and the float version I have is definitely a good rod for the money.

david white

Site Supporter
Is that the only freebie their doing ?

Not certain when this ends ( Cadence Facebook page has updates I think ? )

CR10 distance feeder rod 13 ft plus free CS 5000 reel
20% off Cadence whip plus free top kit
BOGOF on CS5 and CS7 reels

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Still after a 15' rod, may see what's at the big one in march, hopefully Cadence will be there.

david white

Site Supporter
Still after a 15' rod, may see what's at the big one in march, hopefully Cadence will be there.

Once again Cadence advertise “ open evenings “ and events they attend on the Facebook page where there’s normally a 20% discount on items bought and they offer to take specific items with them on request
I use the 15ft #1 float rod and for the price bracket it’s very good value and quality I’m lead to believe the newer #0 is even better for silvers if so that must some special blank it’s made on !!

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've got one of the CS10 #2's 10ft and it's a lovely rod, well built, good action, and can handle loaded 30g feeders with ease managing 40/50 yards accurately.
I think that's about it's limit though, for longer distances look at the longer rods.

As for big fish, it all depends what you call big. Up to 5lb or so no problem. Anything bigger I'd opt for a 1.75lb Barbel rod or greater.
5lb is a disappointment at Viaduct ? they usually get born bigger than that !

kahuna

For what you are doing the 10ft #2 feeder and the 11ft #2 feeder will be spot on I use my 10ft for pretty much all my method feeder work upto 50m it will handle everything from skimmers to 20lb carp it's got loads of hidden power. For longer chucks the 11 footer will do the job but make sure you get the #2 as it's more geared for commercial fishing