Crushed Hempseed

sarge2

Hey guys

Question i have been using hempseed for years but never really thought to blitz it up until recently, i have seen some articles about blitzing it up dry etc... so here at the questions.

What are the benefits of crushing the hemp seed up?

Blitzed hemp or normal?

What ratio would you use it to ground bait I was using it 3 parts ground bait to 1 part crushed hemp? I mainly fish commercials and canals.

Thanks in advance.

Fartacus

How I do it is cook the hemp as normal and when it';s cooled down blitz it with a hand blender.
What you end up with is a pungent white and black mush. freeze in sandwich bags.
Don't forget to add salt, you then have a brilliant groundbait additive.

nick2b

Grind it, then toast it. Add to brown crumb in any ratio up to 1:1, depending on how you want it to react in water.
Mixed dryish it will be very volatile - hence excellent for up in the water roach fishing.
I've always found mixing lots of crushed, wet, cooked hemp to groundbait makes it very claggy.

bream fisherman

it great without even grilling or toasting it.

Adds volatility to your groundbait as parts of the hemp are bouyant, some are neutrally bouyant and some parts sink.

Just put it in a blender and blitz it till you get a fine powder. Riddle it to remove any unblitzed hemp. very oily though so dont use your misses' best food processor.