Cromwell lake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian C

Hi all,

Every now and then you find a water that you fall in love with instantly, well Cromwell lake Nr Newark (off A1 near Saphire lakes) was like that for me. It struck me as a well run fishery and the owners are really nice people. There are even wheelbarrows to help you get your tackle round to the far side (17 acres I think) [:)]

There are some big fish and there is a good collection of photo's in the cabin showing some of them.

Me and my mate have fished it a few times for pike and have manged to get a few out, though the big un's have been hiding well. Its a shame its started to freeze as I may have been tempted to try and catch a carp, but will settle for my first love... fishing for pike tomrrow [:D]

If any of you are there tomorrow and the bites are scarce come and say hello. How will you recognise me? Well, just look for someone using an XPodPlus and two odd rods [:)]

Cromwell lake
Tel: 01636 822425

Ian C

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Ian,

I fished there last January with Ziptrev and I agree with you, it is a cracking fishery.

www.maggotdrowning.com/beenfishing/cromwell_lake_280102.htm

See you there possibly sometime

Dave

Ian C

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I read the report in October last year. Actually, that's how I discovered MD. I'd rang my mate and he said he was fishing there, so I did a web search and came across the report. I went along to see him there the next morning and found myself in love with the place. That was it, I just had to go out and replace all the fishing tackle I had sold 9 years earlier [:D]
I'm really looking forward to carp fishing there in the better weather. Hopefully we can meet there sometime [?]
All the best.

Ian C

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
i would suggest that anyone with a bit of time to spare to have a look at a few of the been fishing topics they are very interesting &good reading

tight lines.
martin.
talk fishing flip football

Ian C

Hi Dave,

Just thught I'd let you know how we got on.
As your probably aware, the weather dropped really cold the day before our visit and there was a freezing wind blowing across Cromwell lake towards the carpark.
On arrival, we were informed that a few high teens pike had been caught of late, and one twenty. Encouraged, we decided to head round to the deeper section of the lake, choosing to fish pegs on the point.
In the deep bay, we could see some sizable carp wandering about, which investigated the bread we threw in, but declined to eat any.
We tackled up quickly and soon had various types of deadbaits fished in a variety of ways and depths. But I'm sad to say, we never had a single take [V]
At this top end of the lake, if you counted other anglers, there were 13 rods out, 1 for carp, the rest for pike. None of these had a single take. We fished from about 8am to 3:45pm.
We spoke to the owner, who advised us that he may be starting a syndicate, as we had expressed an interest in joining in the past. However, for me at least I think the cost will be too high, as he mentioned a fee in excess of 300 [:0]
I don't think this is decided yet, and he may have been testing our response [?]
As we visit the water at least once per month to six weeks, I'll try to keep the forum informed of any final decision on the annual fee and if day tickets are likely to be available if and when he starts the syndicate.

Ian C

Ian C

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for the info. I'd better give A1 a bash before it goes private then, as I have not fished there as yet.
Was a fee mentioned [?]

Ian C

darryl

there only testing the response from anglers about pit6 the rest will stay on day ticket they won`t get much joy because of the tackle theft`s last year

Status
Not open for further replies.