Croft Fisheries - Huyton No1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJH4610

Last time i fished here was 2 weeks ago and i had aproximately 50lb of carp down the edge on paste. My biggest on the day was 7lb. I will be having another do at them on Saturday. My question is regarding the F1s which are caught up in the water, they seem to be backing off from the pole line, ive tried lengthening the line between pole tip and float but all i am getting is lots of liners. I think the fish are getting wise to this method now. Is anybody else catching on here using a different method ?

chunkylover

Ding Dang Do
I'm on a match on Sunday and have fished the place for the last four years on club matches, usually once they back off the pole line you can chase them out on the pellet waggler.

Just out of couriosity did you catch the lumps down the edge in the evening or daytime ?? as I have never known them to be caught during the day.

TJH4610

Hi pal, ive started to go on about 3pm and they usually move in after that time. I fish the side of the lake which is on the same side as the house and the peg is next to last on that side. Its the one which has a tree to the left hand side. I fish under there 2 ft out in about the same depth of water. Ive been putting in 3 big cups of pellets, corn and meat and feeding paste over the top. I have had success on the method feeder as well, if your match is fishing hard then this may catch you a fish or 2. Dont fish this unless it is a hard match because you wont catch enough quality fish to win it against the pole men.

chunkylover

Ding Dang Do
Yes mate, I know exactly the peg you're talking about, fished it quit a few times. Unfortunately during a match in the day time they will not come in that close, not sure if its time of day or pressure of all the anglers on the water. Only got a few club matches on there this year, usually have 4 or 5. I have had some really good results in the past but it all depends on the draw, like a lot of places.

chunkylover

Ding Dang Do
Should have said I would love the peg you are talking about this Sunday for fishing straight out, but these pegs are normally reserved for any disabled anglers fishing.

TJH4610

What time are your matches to and from ? Regardless to time last 90 mins feed your margin really heavy (3 or 4 big cups of pellet etc) then go on it last 60 mins with paste and be patient. If you can get them to move in you can walk the match in the last hour, let us know how you get on, good luck

hulseylar

Hi looking for somewhere new to fish could you tell me where this fishery is please? & any other details like price ect.[:)]

TJH4610

Had another good day on Saturday. Fished opposite side but same method. I fished 2 lines either side of my peg down the margins. I caught a fish a chuck on paste but the big boys wernt playing ball. The fish i was catching were good match size F1s around the 2lb mark. I had around 30lb of these including a few tench and small mirrors.
Got to the last hour about 8.15pm and then the action started. I had a mirror at 5lb, then a lovely comman carp at 7lb 12oz and then very last chuck in i landed a 10lb mirror carp which took me 15 mins to land, but well worth it. Only downside fishing later in the day was the rats running around !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.