Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

pelly

The Lincoln Imp!
How do you think its looking, Pietersen with a fantastic 226!!

and for a change we're very threatening at the bowling too

Notts Breamer

Dave PD
Latest

England 1st Innings
570 for 7 (122.3 overs)
West Indies 1st Innings
74 for 4 (18.0 overs)

midge99

windies 22 - 2 at close of play, still 400 behind lets just hope the weather lasts long enough to finish it off

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
How does Plunkett manage to hold down a test place? I never rated him when they 1st picked him and he seems to be getting worse. Sidebottom is a very good County player not certain if he is test quality but he is better than Plunkett and Anderson and adds some variety to the bowling attack.

And the Windies are just so poor why can they not produce players like they did in the 70s and 80s?

Last edited:

Useless

Yeah, but what about Harmison? While I agree young Plunkett's not bowling as well as he can do, he's a young man starting his test career and he's not played much cricket over the last 12 months. What's Harmisons excuse?

Useless

Do you know Martin, it's people like you that get internet messageboards a bad name. While I appreciate that you might lack the mental toughness and patience to play cricket. Had a poor upbringing and not been blessed with the best education, do you really have to stoop that low?

Mark274

Cowboy
It's a good run out for the England team, let the batsmen get some runs and the bowlers take a few wickets.

Harmison and Plunkett are both good county players but not really international quality.

Plunkett tries his best but he just isn't good enough.

Harmison has his nightmare start to the ashes tour to live with and it's killing his game, hopefully Donald will be able to help him out of this otherwise he is finished at international level.

Then we have Anderson and Mahmood, the Harmison clones. When they are good they are good but when they are bad they are shocking.

Mahmood played well until he got his central contract, now he doesn't need to prove he is good enough all the time as he will get picked anyway.

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
Martin you are a prickly and unpleasant person, if you have nothing constructive to say then keep quite.[:(!]

Last edited:

Stephen

Yorkshire is best
Site Supporter
I live near Headingley and the weather is gradually improving so there is hope for some cricket today.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Mark274

It's a good run out for the England team, let the batsmen get some runs and the bowlers take a few wickets.

Harmison and Plunkett are both good county players but not really international quality.

Plunkett tries his best but he just isn't good enough.

Harmison has his nightmare start to the ashes tour to live with and it's killing his game, hopefully Donald will be able to help him out of this otherwise he is finished at international level.

Then we have Anderson and Mahmood, the Harmison clones. When they are good they are good but when they are bad they are shocking.

Mahmood played well until he got his central contract, now he doesn't need to prove he is good enough all the time as he will get picked anyway.

Harmison, on the top of his game, is a quality fast bowler, unfortunately he has not performed for the last 15 test matches. Getting Donald to come in as a fast bowlers coach is a good choice.

I watched cricket this morning, both the cricket writers programme and the chat on the Test match programme. A lot of sense was talked. Guys like Plunket and Mahmood should spend their time bowling for their counties and learn their trade before they are thrown into the test match arena. I think Duncan Fletcher liked the idea of young fast bowlers who can chuck it down at 85+mph, shame their direction and length is all to pot.

You cannot say Sidebottom is true test quality but in this match he has bowled stump to stump and let the swing do its work, and reaped the rewards.

At least some of the batting looks sound. The only player to score more test runs than Kevin Pietersen in his first 25 tests was the great Donald Bradman. Prior is having a dream start to his test career, except for the dropped chance off Chris Gayle last evening.

No guarantee that Flintoff will get back into the test team this series

long rod

tomo
what a good two days england have had, what most folk have failed to see after last winter in ozz, is that we have just been blasted away, by what looks like the best team ever put together, and so its time to gather ourselves and build confidence, and although not very good, the windies are a good starting point, captain fantastic is back after injury,
kp, is throwing the bat in all the right directions, and the bowlers are getting some good wicket taking practice, and most of the players involved are young enough to go on and grow as a team, and yes, i agree with geoff p, why should flintoff come straight back in,
keep a winning formula and attitude
stiil no play as i post this !
and lewis hamilton is second !

kendall17

looks a good day today, its gettin lighter and the rain has stopped, should be a good day's play!

Status
Not open for further replies.