Cricket

62tucker

Site Supporter
I see we got thumped off New Zealand by a innings and 65 runs.
Root. 13 in 2 innings
Archer. 1 wicket ?‍♂️

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Yup.... atrocious... shot selection poor, bowling tactics poor... not what I'd have expected...

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
All went wrong when stokes got himself out first innings which started the collapse, worlds flatest pitch needed a 500 plus not 350. Second innings rout was inevitable as soon as Santner took those wickets on the 4th evening. Batting in a next to no hope situation is not an easy.

Arry

Site Supporter
on a flat pitch all they had to do was play Brigadier Block... they can't even do that... English batting has become a joke over the last few years.... very rarely now does England score heavily and declare... they rely on the bowling attack to dig them out of the clart waaaaay too often

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Ah the lovely sport of cricket. It’s by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry I fell asleep alsways happens when someone mentions cricket
Zzzzzzzzzzz

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Absolutely shocking shot selection by the vast majority of the batting line up and Root seems to be suffering a crisis of confidence with the captaincy weighing heavily on him. Way to much one day/limited over cricket being played doesn't help when it comes to playing Test Match cricket which requires a vastly different approach IMO.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Absolutely shocking shot selection by the vast majority of the batting line up and Root seems to be suffering a crisis of confidence with the captaincy weighing heavily on him. Way to much one day/limited over cricket being played doesn't help when it comes to playing Test Match cricket which requires a vastly different approach IMO.
Couldn’t agree more Peter

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Watched every minute of it. It was depressing.

We need a new captain to free Root up to just play.

Arry

Site Supporter
But all the other I ternational teams play the same formats... they just do it better... there was a period in time when our test side was no 1 in the world (briefly) but now it's just utter pants

Arry

Site Supporter
Ah the lovely sport of cricket. It’s by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry I fell asleep alsways happens when someone mentions cricket
Zzzzzzzzzzz
Have to make a point in posting the same sentiment in the football thread then...

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Agree, football is boring. Same teams winning everything
Same teams moaning, same players diving, same management getting sacked each week and walking into another job week later. Same pundits talking rubbish. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz