Cricket !

Wise Owl

Account Locked
I thought id seen it all and had my nerves near broken with him in the world cup, But he did it again to me there. Arise superman Stokes.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Unbelievable he’s done it twice in a few weeks. Unbelievable game. Tbf the bowlers deserve that win, would have been so unfair on them to lose having bowled oz out cheap twice, especially when we’d have won the last game without rain and possibly the first if jimmy hadn’t broke.

GeoffW

Site Supporter
At last, a sporting achievement when England have defied the odds and silenced their critics.
Did anyone risk a wager on them?

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
My mate had England to win with a root hundred and a stokes fifty so just got the batsman the wrong way around haha

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Woswer what a game, didn't think we'd do it but we did. Utter brilliance from Stokes.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I dont generally watch cricket but I was glued to the telly for the last 20 or so overs. Unbelievable win. Thats what sport is all about. Great conclusion to the match.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Ive just watched it again and if that and the world cup Heroics dont put Stokesy in pole position for Sports Personality of the Year i dont know what does.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I think if we win the series and he puts in decent performances in the last two tests I think he'll be a favourite to win it, maybe if we won the rugby World Cup another contender might appear. Anyone but Lewis Hamilton again!

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sat fishing a match, which didn’t go well, but listening to the cricket certainly helped pass a gruelling 6 hours.

Bulldog

Site Supporter
Just watching it now as ive been on a match today one question ...... i covered myself in sun cream today watching the aussie spinner he got less hair than me no sun cream on his head but plenty round his nose and cheeks......easier to get it on his fingers to the ball from there than his head not that id acuse the aussies of tampering with the ball obviously

davylad

Leach played his part too, and I bet the Aussies will be careful with their reviews in future tests, as if they'd had one left they just might have won. Roy of the Rovers couldn't have done any better with Melchester.

oldmanriver

Site Supporter
May be now I can get fishing, dose of Lurgy used as excuse to be on sofa with TMS as comfort. Male; cannot multi task and have the Lurgy. Match over, lurgy all but gone so no excuse not to get out before next test. What a final day. TEST CRICKET at its best, also praise from Boycott . The Leeds crowed also played their part and knew the difference of playing test and white ball. They should take credit too.

davylad

I wouldn't call him / her an idiot Ivan, as it is most of the time. That game was one in a million though, I watched almost every ball on Sunday, without falling asleep too. :D

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Love me cricket and Sundays antics were superb... I prefer the longer format to the short game, as I feel that there is a ssiphead element entering the spectators of the T20 game... the Summer ODI comp was exquisite and of the two formats 50 or T20 I prefer the 50 over... less aggro and more like a proper game, rather than the crash bang wallop of the shorter game... beggared if I know what the ECB are smoking with their 100 ball format... I won't go and see it and as its on free to air terrestrial TV, I doubt anyone else will either... Friday I'll be off to the Essex County Ground to see Essex take on Kent in the T20.. (members get in for less than half price)

rudd

Site Supporter
A great display but we cannot keep relying on a few key players.
Opening batsmen need sorting out.