Crick canal 30/04/02

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirk

Site Supporter
It rained and it rained and were was I? On the canal at Crick (Daventry) I was pegged just the other side of the bridge before you go under the tunnel, by the treacle mines. Started on the Punch and had a small skimmer and a roach in two putins then nothing. I had set up two chopped-worm lines, one at the bottom of the near shelf and one on top of the near shelf. As info had it there were some big perch on this stretch. After an hour with only one gudgeon more in the net a change of tactics were in order, I could see that everybody else was struggling because there pole lengths kept changing, they were obviously chasing fish as well. These fish were obviously going to stay in deep water, the temperature had dropped. So I decided to attack the boat channel with chop and see. Well It turned out the right thing to do, as I came first with 2Ibs 15oz 15 drms, six perch, one being of around 1Ib 10oz, another small skimmer and some huge Daddy rough.
Animal taming on Thursday at Woodlands View (Imodium country) it will be the first qualifying round of the B.D.A.A. and yours truly and his mate are running it, so fingers crossed it all runs smooth. We've got another qualifying round at the end of the month at Stockton Reservoir and Malc said he will weigh-in for us, I just thought you should know what a nice guy he is Malc pull your finger out this week at Borough Hill.

dirk

Site Supporter
Dirk your not only extremely talented, but very good lookingicon_smile_blush.gif

Malc stop sending me messages pretending to be me.icon_smile_big.gif

Edited by - dirk on 30 April 2002 8:58:59 PM

MALC

Well done Dirk another win for you.
Nice Perch they tend to show alot on that bit.

And yes i'm a very nice guy i even let you win 1 sometimes.
Wait till Gemma starts the club matches, then it'll be 2 i lose at each one.

Good luck Thursday.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com bounce.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.