Creme Egg advert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver fan 82

No, having said that I would be a little bit uncomfortable, I think this is a case where double standards are acceptable.

I am not easily offended and usually quite tolerant but I honestly do find the advert repugnant.

Am I supposed to say otherwise {pretend} because my views are politically incorrect just to keep some colloquial peace?

There is an enormous difference between speaking your mind and rudeness.

I hate this idea of living in a world where we are effectively silenced, they must not be allowed to win.
No not at all mate, was just curious. Your quote isnt offensive, at least I dont think so.

Total

Site Supporter
Watcha Total, when I first moved to Kent forty odd years ago it was quite common a fairly broad country type Kentish accent but
all changed now, everyone seems to sound like Del boy, shame.
Aye mate, when my family moved to Orpington (Kent) 56 years ago, it was still countryfied.....And I'm afraid to admit, we brought the Del boy accents with us.....Not our finest hour.....:(

Pompous git

Site Supporter
No not at all mate, was just curious. Your quote isnt offensive, at least I dont think so.
I hate the idea that people would think I am intolerant just for the sake of it, I would never be rude to someone because they
were different.

Does not change things though, blokes kissing but particularly drag acts make my skin crawl.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
I am not homophobic by any stretch of the imagination and in some ways 2 lads living together makes great sense. Go fishing without recrimination, get bladdered together, go on jolly boys outings etc etc. I cannot get my head round the sex though and I find gay kissing/sex scenes uncomfortable to watch, I wonder if straight women find lesbian scenes uncomfortable. What i don't like is when advertisers use (exploit) gay men just to tick the pc box. As I said, I am not homophobic; I just don't want it ramming down my throat😜
I think that you speak for the vast majority of us there.

Zerkalo

For all the people offended, just imagine how religious fanatics amongst us feel? Or am I wide of the mark? :unsure:

Zerkalo

How can you compare something real with a fantasy

Dunno mate. Check my philosophy books. 🤓🤪😆 I'm a non practising Quaker (apart from the booze) and to me it doesn't offend me but to some denominations it would be an abomination?

Status
Not open for further replies.