Creme Egg advert

Status
Not open for further replies.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Typical,i was looking forward to a trip down South as well :unsure:
Evening Steve. Hope you’re keeping well matey. Talking to a APC delivery driver today. He was telling me that they are desperate for drivers all over the country. Says that if they don’t get drivers they stand to lose some big contracts. You ok pal ?

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I am not homophobic by any stretch of the imagination and in some ways 2 lads living together makes great sense. Go fishing without recrimination, get bladdered together, go on jolly boys outings etc etc. I cannot get my head round the sex though and I find gay kissing/sex scenes uncomfortable to watch, I wonder if straight women find lesbian scenes uncomfortable. What i don't like is when advertisers use (exploit) gay men just to tick the pc box. As I said, I am not homophobic; I just don't want it ramming down my throat😜

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I am not homophobic by any stretch of the imagination and in some ways 2 lads living together makes great sense. Go fishing without recrimination, get bladdered together, go on jolly boys outings etc etc. I cannot get my head round the sex though and I find gay kissing/sex scenes uncomfortable to watch, I wonder if straight women find lesbian scenes uncomfortable. What i don't like is when advertisers use (exploit) gay men just to tick the pc box. As I said, I am not homophobic; I just don't want it ramming down my throat😜
Could you not have thought of a few more ‘ appropriate ‘ words for that last sentence Dave ? 🤣🤣🤣

sly

bit better gear,still no idea
Site Supporter
Evening Steve. Hope you’re keeping well matey. Talking to a APC delivery driver today. He was telling me that they are desperate for drivers all over the country. Says that if they don’t get drivers they stand to lose some big contracts. You ok pal ?
Yes thank you,hope you are all well,i was supposed to be starting at a motor factors in the new year but that has been put on hold for the time being,so i will get in touch with APC and see what happens,thank you muchly for that :upthumb: :)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
A lot seem to think Gays have got some sort of Lurgy or summat, they are just normal People who fall in love with the same sex, i cant imagine how some of em feel having to come out of the closet so to speak, i asked my Aunty Steven when he knew, he said for certain when he was about 13 - 14 but he thought it was a fad and would go away, a lot of Gays must feel very Lonely in their Sexuality for fear of ridicule especially letting their Family Know. What i do know is if any of my Kids were gay id not be bothered in the slightest as long as they were Happy.

Last edited:

PeteC

O
A lot seem to think Gays have got some sort of Lurgy or summat, they are just normal People who fall in love with the same sex, i cant imagine how some of em feel having to come out of the closet so to speak, i asked my Aunty Steven when he knew, he said for certain when he was about 13 - 14 but he thought it was a fad and would go away, a lot of Gays must feel very Lonely in their Sexuality for fear of ridicule especially letting their Family Know. What i do know is if any of my Kids were gay id not be bothered in the slightest as long as they were Happy.
You certainly find out who your true friends are...and that includes family. Sometimes those that you thought would be supportive are the most judgmental. Sadly, although things have come a long way there are still some absolutely vile people at large whose perspectives and views are rooted in the dark ages...We are just normal people....well generally......🤗

Silver fan 82

I had this conversation with the Mrs about our kids Wisey. Personally as long as they are happy then Im happy too, couldnt care less mate.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
What if it were two women instead? Would you still be offended?
No, having said that I would be a little bit uncomfortable, I think this is a case where double standards are acceptable.

I am not easily offended and usually quite tolerant but I honestly do find the advert repugnant.

Am I supposed to say otherwise {pretend} because my views are politically incorrect just to keep some colloquial peace?

There is an enormous difference between speaking your mind and rudeness.

I hate this idea of living in a world where we are effectively silenced, they must not be allowed to win.

Total

Site Supporter
No, having said that I would be a little bit uncomfortable, I think this is a case where double standards are acceptable.

I am not easily offended and usually quite tolerant but I honestly do find the advert repugnant.

Am I supposed to say otherwise {pretend} because my views are politically incorrect just to keep some colloquial peace?

There is an enormous difference between speaking your mind and rudeness.

I hate this idea of living in a world where we are effectively silenced, they must not be allowed to win.
Your "sharper" than you Kentish lot know, ya know....;)(y)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
My old school mates elder Brother was gay and also a Drag artist that i didnt know, i went out with a Girlfriend one night and ended up in a bar in wakefield that had a Cabaret show on, Yes you Guessed it Chris was one of the Draggies i still didnt know even when he had me on stage dancing and generally trying to embarrass me, it was only just before last orders he came up to us with 2 drinks Laughing at me that i realised it was him :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

62tucker

Site Supporter
Still not seen the advert. Don’t think I want to see it. But everyone it entitled to live the life they want to live. Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.