Crashing big feeders in

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
Two rods also means you don’t want it rolling.
above Trent Lock then, looking at that width!

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Just re the boils aspect. A regular boil that can be regularly timed and spaced to appear is a fixed obstruction, irregular boils are weed beds and those look perfect Barbel habitats in the picture.

Yes Zerks, when i mention a slow release earlier on in the thread, simply means packing the groundbait in tighter and perhaps less feed content at most, essentially the time bomb, but varied amounts of bait in it.
Agree on the point made about when groundbait has its uses based on clarity, i do find sometimes though and by ensuring its a fine mix purely as a carrier, groundbait can be the only way to get some particles down in certain situations.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Ideally I'd be casting into the gulley on that peg but it's too snaggy. I've started fish a massive bow now though. That peg produces fish from all over depending on conditions but does fish best with a bit of water on, otherwise I think the fish sit in the gulley. It's still my usual peg at Arley.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
It's definitely good to fish a straight lead when the river is low and clear. Even better when you're within catapult distance. Don't think I would have had the fish I had today if I fished a cage feeder. Bomb also seems a lot more accurate when dropping just on the tree line.