crafty crucians

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodding dog

hello all,
can any suggest a feeder rig for crucians or would hair rigging my bait on a standard paternoster rig do the trick, can anybody help ??? icon_smile_big.gif

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Kev,
First of all'Welcome to the forum,Enjoy!
Now to your question,Well i'm afraid you've got me there.In general Crucians are the shyest biters going,and i've never targeted them with a ledger rig.
Any success i've had with them has come with the pole,which i find best for the delicate presentation needed.

Like you i would be interested in hearing of any successful ledger rigs for them.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

esox.20

04/11/01 - 12/10/15
In Memoriam
All I can add is that I do take crucians on a running leger when after the tench and carp. Bait being sweetcorn usually 2/3 grains on a 10's hook. They tend to be fish over a pound in weight that fall to this. I must admit that the crucians in this pool are NOT shy biters. I can never tell till I hook a fish what it is.

chill out go fishing

MALC

Must admit Kev i'm the same as Peter on this one as the only time i've picked up Crucians on the feeder has been by accident when targeting Carp or Bream (normaly on the meat mix i sent you before).

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

ray

hiya kev, welcome to the site.
ok, i fish for cruiys on one paticular lake using a small bomb (the smallest i can get away with)
on this lake the is a patch of lilys about 2o mtrs out, its 4ft deep.
i set up an old silstar multitip rod with the lightest tip (very soft) i let the bomb run free on the main line, use a small swivel to attach a 3ft hook length and fish a piece of corn.

when i put the corn on the hook, i squish it between my fingers then instead of just falling through the water to the bottom it flutters through and the fish tend to snatch it on the drop.
i have also found that by using corn in either scopex or csl the bites are alot more positive.

hope this helps.

if you take it with you...take it home.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Status
Not open for further replies.