Cracking day carp fishing.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Wonderful day fishing yesterday with 10 fish for over 100lb. Eight of the fish were doubles, you can read about it on my www.rivertrentangler.com. I'm coming to the conclusion its easy to catch commercial carp, but if you want big fish and numbers, you have to get some essentials right every time. If anyone reading this has had experience with margin fishing and foul hooked fish, I'd love any help and will accept it willingly. Read my article on the blog and see what you can add. Photos are up on the site right now.

Best wishes to you all. Richard.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Nice one mate. Whilst 100lb of carp is pretty easy on some places 100lb of doubles certainly isn’t so well done. I’ve never had more than 4 doubles in a session myself.

Side point why is a river Trent angler messing about with carp during the river season? Almost sacrilegious haha

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Nice one mate. Whilst 100lb of carp is pretty easy on some places 100lb of doubles certainly isn’t so well done. I’ve never had more than 4 doubles in a session myself.

Side point why is a river Trent angler messing about with carp during the river season? Almost sacrilegious haha

Just because he can? :unsure:

Rick123

Site Supporter
Silverfish. Its just how its worked out this year. I'd had every intention of going on the river once it opened in June, but I'm having so much fun, not even used the new/old Mitchel Match I brought yet mate. However its still very early for me, I'm after those big roach I never seem to catch November onwards. Once the carp slow right down, I'll simply drop Hallcroft and head for the Trent around Newark and get my trotting head on again. In the old days I'd spent so much time chasing big fish, seasons after season looking for maybe just 20 bites a year. I'm nearly 70 now and the big commercial carp fishing is right up my street to be honest. But my first love is trotting, hitting big roach bites downstream on a stick float. Keep well my friend. Richard.

Rick123

Site Supporter
Silverfish. If you ever get my way (Hallcroft) I'll show you around the place. I bet you would love the float fishing for doubles off the top? Open invitation buddy. Richard.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Bit out of the way for me but certainly sounds fun if I am ever up that way. Is such a thrill sneaking up of on a double then watching the bread or pellet get sucked in before all hell let’s loose :) Almost as good as trotting for roach ;)