Cracked it at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilD

Well went to rackley hills yesterday ( my local club lake ) had about 6-8lb of small fry on maggot set out a carp rod with some octopuss n squid boillies.

After a few hours not a touch so changed to a whelk and with in 10 mins the old alarm buzzed a slow strong take after 20 mins of in out in out and my dad doing the netting got my first ever catfish went 39 and a half pound.

Sorry about pics bit bright was taken on a phone so dont know what went wrong.

Datafile11.jpg

Datafile11.jpg

Datafile11.jpg

Last edited:

EvilD

a whelk is like a large sea snail they are nice to eat with a bit of vinegar but are great as a bait the same with cockles mussels and prawns

davidsenior

15/03/03 - 22/06/16
In Memoriam
EvilD, those pictures must have taken HOURS to download on here, the BYTESIZE is WAY over the top.

Read the instructions on putting pictures up and edit your pictures mate ......before the MOD's get you.[:D]

Nice P.B Catfish by the way,[:D].... urgh, I think they are ugly.

Jeff Mowbray

Nice cat mate, what tackle did you have it on as there some a bit smaller than that in the lake i fish and i hooked 1 the other week and it snapped me up on standard carp gear.

Last edited:

EvilD

I used 2.5lb test curve rod 15lb mainline 12lb hooklength braid with size 10 hook hair rigged a whelk and jsut waited :D

Dave the pics are on my own hosting site so i dont upload anything to maggots just directs the image file to mine saves on maggots space :D

all here http://www.storesite.co.uk/webs/evild/Pictures/Fishing/

Last edited:

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by EvilD

Dave the pics are on my own hosting site so i dont upload anything to maggots just directs the image file to mine saves on maggots space :D

all here http://www.storesite.co.uk/webs/evild/Pictures/Fishing/

Unfortunately though Rob it still takes a hell of a time to load for those who only have a dial up connection.[:(] also should you edit those photos in the future the link will be lost meaning that they won't be viewable at a later date.[;)]

Lovely fish though, shame you couldn't have got some better quality pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.