CPR. Could save a life.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Worth a watch. Only 2 minutes long but you could save someone’s life in the future ??

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Best to be taught CPR under classroom conditions by a qualified medic. I went through several courses on CPR and first aid and luckily have only had to use CPR once.

I know of a case where a young child needed CPR and the inexperienced untrained guy doing it nearly killed the child when compressing the chest.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
As a registered "First Aider"

just watching a video, is not really the way to go

if you really would like to be able to perform CPR, there are courses run by your local St Johns ambulance, and British Red Cross (mine) that will give you a far better understanding of technique

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I was a registered "first aider" for some years but have not been on a refresher for 4 years. I still know the basics.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I was a registered "first aider" for some years but have not been on a refresher for 4 years. I still know the basics.

I go for refreshers without fail. Techniques etc. change and it's nice to keep up with them. You'd be surprised at some of the injuries I come across at times when doing my rounds on the lakes. Mind you, half of them are 'drama queens' (or should that be kings?) :unsure:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
locally, theres been a big campaign for de-firbullaters to be installed in public places

response has been fantastic

the big downside was, a bunch of ne'er do wells and scrotes began stealing them,

robbed ambulances too, 330 crimes comitted, though they have been caught in the act, charged and at this moment on trial

62tucker

Site Supporter
Sorry if it’s not the way to go by watching a video but if it helps someone in the future in a emergency well that do me.
Ffs. Can nowt be posted on here without it getting pulled to bits. The bloke says doing something is better than letting someone die. And shows you what to do. If it was rubbish and could do damage or not help I sure the BBC wouldn’t show it.

62tucker

Site Supporter
My local pub up Northumberland when I up caravan has a defibrillator on outside wall due to collections in and around the pub.??

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I go for refreshers without fail. Techniques etc. change and it's nice to keep up with them. You'd be surprised at some of the injuries I come across at times when doing my rounds on the lakes. Mind you, half of them are 'drama queens' (or should that be kings?) :unsure:

my re-fresh courses are just the one day, rather than the three full days to obtain the cert

having the certs proper handy, plus if Im working for a firm, you get extra sovs for it,

Arch

Site Supporter
I had to give CPR once and failed. With work we have a refresher every two years. I fecking hate doing that refresher.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry if it’s not the way to go by watching a video but if it helps someone in the future in a emergency well that do me.
Ffs. Can nowt be posted on here without it getting pulled to bits. The bloke says doing something is better than letting someone die. And shows you what to do. If it was rubbish and could do damage or not help I sure the BBC wouldn’t show it.

Stop being so sensitive, it was not being pulled to bits, just pointed out that it is better being taught CPR under controlled conditions.

Now go and take a happy pill and have a decent sleep

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter

not digging you tucks old bean

but performed wrongly, even in the best of itentions, doesnt really help, and in some cases can cause a fair bit of damage that complicates any further emergency treatment

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The cert came in handy when I applied for the bailiffs job, I think that's what swung it.

62tucker

Site Supporter
You said

I know of a case where a young child needed CPR and the inexperienced untrained guy doing it nearly killed the child when compressing the chest.

Saying this could stop someone trying to save a child. I know proper training will be best. Just posted this to show what “ basically “ could be done.

And don’t try to belittle me with go and take a happy pill. Bit insensitive and wrong to say rubbish like that on a open forum.