"Cows lick" ?

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Chasing the magic ingredients :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Success, knowledge and experience will win every time. Bottle confidence based on experience and you have the magic match winning ingredient (y)
he definately had a thing that did give him an advantage feeding and attracting wise

the list of "names" that took umbrage and eventually got him banned was like a whos who in the south east match fishing circles

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
and fished with a weird arrangement of a pole where the elastic fed downthrough to a centrepin reel
Interline rods, there was a lad who used to fish the matches on the cut when i was a kid, he had an interline, the line ran down the inside of the rod and came out onto the reel.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
A now reasonably famous match angler developed a method where he would turn up with each pint of bronze maggots in a pint of bronzed maize which he fed through a large cup creating a cloud in the water which was very attractive to the carp in the fishery so he won regularly doing this until the owner of the water spotted it and banned him because there was a groundbait ban on the venue, people had already been banned for using things like liquidised corn to try and get around the rules.
Fish love clouds in the water as it signals food to them but if groundbait is banned so is everything else you introduce into the water that is not pellets,maggots,worms,hookbaits etc.
Most good anglers have fertile minds which is how things get invented/developed but if its against the venue rules its cheating and should be dealt with.

Philocalist

I remember something about them - they were available to buy around about the time when the aluminium crook started to become popular iirc

I'm surprised no one has mentioned GOT Baits Atomic Cloud as that had/has similar qualities and a small amount would turn the feed area milky white

@911
Rods of that design have been available to buy as a 'new' development, even quite recently. I'll stand corrected, but I think it was Fox (or similar) that were selling rods like this - where the line passed from tip through the actual rod blank, to butt, for carp fishing.

Nicky Dodds

Rods of that design have been available to buy as a 'new' development, even quite recently. I'll stand corrected, but I think it was Fox (or similar) that were selling rods like this - where the line passed from tip through the actual rod blank, to butt, for carp fishing.
It was done ages ago by Daiwa with a range of carp rods. May have been called infinity but might be wrong.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Daiwa have done "Interline" rods since the nineties. However, the freshwater fishing rods have never lasted long. Sea fishing has been the mainstay of the concept. However, Daiwa did briefly do Interline carp rods for the UK market. I know that they did a 15' match rod at one point, but I don't believe that they were ever officially available in the UK. I understand that they were made for the Italian market.

Fox have indeed done an interline rod. IIRC it was a relatively short stalking rod. It didn't last long though. A rod with the same name and look, but with conventional rings, replaced it.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Liquidized red maggots it is then.😀
Don't laugh it works. Liquidised caster and hemp works well up in the water.
I have liquidised most forms of maggot , worms, and live insects (bought from an exotic pet shop-used as feed)

R0B

I've seen things about this before and had been giving it some thought. Almost certain The Farmer was using Bovine colostrum. It's packed with protein and we all know how the Cyprinid family love a bit of that.
It's extremely potent, and only around for a few days after the cow has calved down. I bet he was taking some of this, maybe packing it out with breadcrumb and some unpasturised cows milk.

Alantherose

Site Supporter
Bit of a tangent, but why do some venues ban bread? One of our lakes on the York book don’t allow it at all (dunno how they deal with crumb in groundbait mind you 🤷🏻‍♂️)