"Cows lick" ?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Similar story to yours Mick. Going back a few years here but, we had one guy that took Barton broads apart. It didn’t matter where he drew he battered us all every week including John Allerton and Pete Wadsworth. At the whistle he’d cup in three or four cup fulls of brown liquid and then go for a walk for half an hour. When he came back he was into fish until the end. Turned out what he was tipping in was liquid molasses. A really pungent sweet smelling liquid. It certainly did the business.

Maverick

Site Supporter
For as long as we can remember anglers have looked for a magic potion that will pull fish into there swim. How many times have you seen someone a couple of pegs away empty the lake while you struggle for a bite? Proof that the fish are feeding but you can't catch any.

Are we now saying there are magic potions that will draw the fish to us from other pegs?

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
There is a white carp groundbait that is called 'cloud 9' l think is made by mainline that gives a massive white cloud when mixed into a slop. I have used it many times when fishing 3m to hand whip fishing. That works well for small carp.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
Hi Mick - think it may be Volostrum

CA19C167-2297-4911-9C68-120A451CDC7B.jpeg

It is a replacement for first milk in cattle which is incredibly high in minerals, vitamins and fatty acids plus lots o& other goodies

rudd

Site Supporter
I'm presuming our Mick (The Chippy) is referring to 'The Farmer' that dominated matches at Tylers Common and other nearby Essex waters a few years ago?....Given that he used to feed a lot of corn/maize (and hook baits), Your above recipe I think/reckon wouldn't be too wide of the mark. (y)
And Colemans Cottage

rudd

Site Supporter

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I've heard of this guy before, Wasn't he also renowned for pulling up to matches with gear most modern Anglers wouldnt blink twice at?

This thread is gold though, Something about a bunch of people trying to figure out this old farmers magic formula is amusing. From bulls sperm to calf milk replacer, to discussions on salt licks, to condensed milk & even cow and gate baby milk :ROFLMAO:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've heard of this guy before, Wasn't he also renowned for pulling up to matches with gear most modern Anglers wouldnt blink twice at?

This thread is gold though, Something about a bunch of people trying to figure out this old farmers magic formula is amusing. From bulls sperm to calf milk replacer, to discussions on salt licks, to condensed milk & even cow and gate baby milk :ROFLMAO:
He would turn up and sit on an old milk crate, with the rest of his gear in a builders bucket

and fished with a weird arrangement of a pole where the elastic fed downthrough to a centrepin reel

but he won, and won a lot

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I remember something about them - they were available to buy around about the time when the aluminium crook started to become popular iirc

I'm surprised no one has mentioned GOT Baits Atomic Cloud as that had/has similar qualities and a small amount would turn the feed area milky white

@911

dave brittain 1

Chasing the magic ingredients :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Success, knowledge and experience will win every time. Bottle confidence based on experience and you have the magic match winning ingredient (y)

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ground baby rusk and vitamealo..

We used to call it cow slip