Covid test

Benny_01

Its going mad. My mrs has been tested this week so we have been off work and school again for a 2nd time isolating since the new school year started. The 1st time my 6 year old daughter had a cough and cold snotty nose the lot (just started back to school, literally been back 3 days) had to isolate and get tested it obviously came back negative.

My mrs rang the doctors monday morning with what seems like a chest infection / bad sinus pain and was told to isolate and get tested immediately. We are just waiting for the results now.

In total this year we've been off 8 weeks because of this coronavirus and that's if her results come back before the end of this week. Coupled up with all the unpaid bank holidays and 2 weeks off at Christmas (sites shutdown) its nearly 3 months of the year lost with no money.

I'm not being selfish and inconsiderate but where do you draw the line? Luckily we have a small rainy day fund, others may not be that lucky.

I am a director so my furlough is pitiful and i don't qualify for the self employment grants

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just goes to show, you literally never know

Yorkieboy70

Site Supporter
Good follow up calls today by NHS, both me and partner have been advised to get test as we both still have symptoms and underlying health conditions (her asthma and me diabetes), test tomorrow 9.30.
Been advised of a number to ring so people can do shopping for us if we cant get delivery, also as her son is down syndrome even people who would care for him if we become too ill. Has opened my eyes as to what has been put in place in the background if you are diagnosed and do become seriously ill

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Good follow up calls today by NHS, both me and partner have been advised to get test as we both still have symptoms and underlying health conditions (her asthma and me diabetes), test tomorrow 9.30.
Been advised of a number to ring so people can do shopping for us if we cant get delivery, also as her son is down syndrome even people who would care for him if we become too ill. Has opened my eyes as to what has been put in place in the background if you are diagnosed and do become seriously ill
Hope you make a speedy recovery buddy.

Ken the Pacman

Site Supporter
The thing is you catch a cold in a similar way to this new virus so that alone shows you just how easy it is to get infected.
A friend of mine from the North East lost his business at the early stages of this and needing some cash flow he is now collecting tests from the test centre collection points all over the place and delivering them to the testing laboratory in Cambridge mostly. He is using a Volvo estate and fills the back of it twice a day or more so you can see there are many many tests being performed now but remember this is called Covid 19 because that is when it was identified and around its peak in this country March to June there must have been millions infected of which a tiny percentage went into hospital and a smaller percentage died sadly mostly due to existing conditions or complications enhanced by the effects of the virus.
The fact that the numbers are shooting up is a result of the mass testing not an increase in the transmission rate as it will pick up previous contact with the virus as well as current.
One death is too many but if we carry on treating this virus as an outright killer we will never get back to anything near normality for years not months as it is highly unlikely a "cure" will be found.