Covid and compassion

commieboy257

Account Locked
I know that the rules of covid, however strange, are there for our own supposed safety, but just when do people say "don't be stupid", or "enough is enough"?

This lady is at her husband's funeral, and understandably heartbroken. her two sons move to her side to comfort her, and immediately a council bod moves in and splits them up.

Son 'angry' at being moved away from mum at dad's funeral

Personally I would have told him to get effed off.

Now in July we had to have one of our dogs put to sleep due to cancer, and the vet met us in the car park and basically wanted to take the dog off us, put it to sleep, then bring it back to us.
Not happening.
The dog would be scared, and a faithful friend would not be going to sleep scared.
So after a few strong words we were allowed in, suitably masked of course.

The thing is, there are rules, there is the law, but there is also the spirit of the law, and just sometimes we as humans have to say "enough", and allow some compassion, and you know what? if you are so terrified of catching covid stay at home and live in a bubble.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I saw that on the news yesterday and my initial reaction was the council bod overreacted, He stuck rigidly to his interpretation of the rules, not the actual rules set by MK council.
My second reaction was 'compo' , I could see the sons were upset but it should have been dealt with at the time, why involve the MSM

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
A loft convention - is that the annual meeting of Gay Croc Wearers ?

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
I am confused about why the official was in the wrong. I thought that social distancing applied everywhere.

And if he had done nothing, would someone have complained? He really couldn't win.