cous cous

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Has anybody had any experience of using cous cous in there ground bait? And if so were the results any good.
l have just made up a small amount to add to my normal bream ground bait to use in a club flyer tonight. I have coloured it yellow and added a sweet flavour.
will see what happens tonight and hope that the draw will be kind to me, will report back tomorrow.
cheers for any feedback [:T]

Col7777

I've used it, I flavour the water I mix it with, it breaks up lovely in the water too, and yes I have caught fish using it.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
I used it in my groundbait on friday in the evening match, didnt draw a peg l really fancied but gave it my best shot. Fished a small cage feeder with double red or single red maggot as hookbait, l had a bite a cast for the entire match, but sadly no bonus fish. All small roach and very small skimmers for a grand total of 3lb 14oz after two and a half ours of non stop effort. So l cant reaaly assess the cous cous on that effort, but l am kff there again in the morning to fish a peg of my choice :)
The match was won with 27lb of decent bream and a nice tench,
back tomorrow with a report of if the cous cous works or not, it really does look good in the mix.

nutmeg

Site Supporter
Used it again yesterday in my normal groundbait, fished my club lake using a drennan method feeder with hair rigged 10mil mini boilies.
l introduced ten balls of groundait before casting in. On starting l immediately started getting bites. This quite often happens here though so not an indicator. Anyhow l ended up with approx 60lb of bream between 3lb and 5lb. Also lost a few fish and on two occasions for some reason the hair rig bust..
later in the morning l had a change of tacticts and fished up in the water for roach and skimmers, and spent a couple of hours having non stop sport, putting approx another 10lb of fish upto 6oz into the net.
a very enjoyable morning with only one other angler on the fifty peg lake. I shall keep on using the cous cous for the time being as it certainly does no harm as far as l can see.