Course Fishing North Lancs & Cumbria

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjcoarsefishing

BORWICK FISHERY
One of many fisheries in the area.
To see more fisheries why not visit my Blog?
The blog also includes details where I have fished the various lakes, this and lots more information is on going

http://pjcoarsefishing.fishinblogs.com/

BORWICK FISHERY
Kellet Lane, Near Borwick, Carnforth, Lancashire, LA6 1JU

http://www.borwickfishing.co.uk/index.html

Borwick course fishing is a flooded 30 acre gravel pit originally excavated to provide material for the construction of the M6 motorway.

The site was left undeveloped for many years, and only held a few fish species. The smaller fish fell prey to cormorants, and only the largest fish survived. Some of the carp and pike have grown to about 30lb, in addition to some very large 10lb tench.

Around the start of the decade, British Waterways began development of the site as a fishing and visitor centre.

Five pools were separated from the main lake by building causeways across the bays. Another 3 pools were created to give 9 waters in total from a quarter acre to 15 acres in size with shallow wildlife pools dug around the northern boundary.

British Waterways stocked the new pools with 30,000 of fish before they decided to abandon the site and fish to the cormorants.

At Borwickfishing, we have restocked the pools, brought the cormorants under control and completed the abandoned works to provide excellent fishing and site facilities.

The Norths Premier Day Ticket Fishery

Borwickfishing is a Gold level accredited fishery.

They are open daily from 7am in Summer and 8am in the Winter, with the exception of Christmas Day and New Years Day.

Parking is available at each water, and hot food can be purchased from our new restaurant Catch-23 or from the Best Peg Take Away.

Borwickfishing offers anglers a choice of Day and 24 hour tickets which are sold on site.

Day tickets can be purchased for up to 3 rods on all waters throughout the year with the exception of Jimmys Lake, where day tickets can only be purchased from 1st October to 31st March.

24 hour over night sessions must be booked in advance for up to 3 rods. Season tickets are available for up to 3 rods.

We have a small tackle shop selling a range of bait and accessories.

Keepnets are only allowed in authorised matches.

Borwick Fishery Lakes

Fishing prices and lake details 2014

More course fishing lakes at Borwick Fishery

8 10 Griffish
8 10 - Dewhirst Deeps
8 10 Burn
8 10 Fingal Fishpond
8 10 Harrys Hole

12 Last Blast
12 Little Brooker

25 24 hours Jimmys lake 15 acre, 16 peg specimen lake
12 Day tickets ( only available from 1st October 31st March)

See CATEGORIES MENU Top right hand column for more information on each lake

Facilities

Catch-23, onsite restaurant and takeaway serving excellent quality food and drinks.

Onsite tackle shop selling the highly recommended pallatrax bait range including boilies, pellets and ground bait plus a few essential tackle items (check availability before your visit).

Fishermans toilet open 24/7.

Secure site with 24/7 CCTV and locked gates at night.

Dry, hard standing pegs, paths and car parks at all lakes.

Otter proof fencing around the site.

Lakes to suit all ages and abilities of angler, including a dedicated disabled friendly pool.

Coaching sessions available (pre- booked only).

Beginners tackle rental available (check availability before your visit).

Irishhybrids

Advertisement is it, mind you , you need it the place is a scruffy dump with poor conditioned fish and an appalling reputation.

pjcoarsefishing

Originally posted by Irishhybrids

Advertisement is it, mind you , you need it the place is a scruffy dump with poor conditioned fish and an appalling reputation.

When did you last visit?

A lot has been done and lots more are planned.

I agree the fishery is a bit like Moon Base Alpha, open to the elements but improvements are being made. Roads leveled, new paths around some lakes, improving pegs and otter fencing around the whole complex. Money is being invested the otter fencing the biggest cost this year.

They need more wind protection and features, islands etc but with the improvements over the last 3-6 months they are trying.

So far I have only fished Griffish Lake, I have friends who have fished Dewhirst Deep, Burns, Last Blast and Little Brooker and all have given good reports. Dewhurst and last Blast were hard in the hot weather but fish were caught and were in good condition.

There is also the Catch 23 cafe on site.

This is not an advertisement. I list all fisheries I go to on the blog and will include some on here to. The fish I have caught there, except one, are in pretty good condition and good fighters, except one which was mouth damaged. Images of the fish caught are also put on my blog. Good or Bad and if I come across badly damaged fish the owners or bailiffs are informed and pictures provided.

pjcoarsefishing

Originally posted by endpeg

Agreed over rated and overpriced!

Over rated could be stated to a degree but, many improvements are being made and the owner is doing a lot to improve the bad reputation the fishery had.

As for cost I can list others more expensive and with free fishing 9am - 2pm on many lakes several days a week, see website, then half price if you stay on I guess it is better prices than many.

I have had some good sessions fishing there and it is good to see they are making improvements but, I have to say, it is open to the elements and if the there is a wind it cuts straight across the fishery.

See also comments in previous message.

D

Deleted member 1140

I may well be wrong here but you seem to of lifted/borrowed/stole the textual content from the www.lakedistrictfishing.net site? The Ratherheath description is the same word for word. Apologies if I've got it wrong but it looks like a carbon copy.

pjcoarsefishing

Originally posted by mshaw

I may well be wrong here but you seem to of lifted/borrowed/stole the textual content from the www.lakedistrictfishing.net site? The Ratherheath description is the same word for word. Apologies if I've got it wrong but it looks like a carbon copy.

Hi Mike

I have included here my PM to you, thanks for your reply and words of encouragement. As discussed if you have contacts for the other fisheries mentioned please feel free to PM them to me.

I include on my Blog fisheries or clubs I have fished and include details of the venue and how to contact the site owners and directions to fish their. Should their be special instructions as with Ratherheath I make those clear also.

In order to make sure the details of the venue are correct I do take details from their websites. Nearly every one on my blog has been contacted, I find in most cases it is better to add it to the blog and then contact the people so they can see everything is accurate.

WADAA is slightly harder to contact than most being a club but is on my list to do. I have today back dated the listings but if you saw them yesterday you will see they had only just been added 16 August.

Some will say it is advertising, if so it is good advertising and everyone I have told about their fishery on the blog so far have been pleased with what I have listed.

My intention is purely to help others know about fisheries and in particular disabled people know there are places to fish.

WADAA have done an exceptional job providing bays for wheelchair users and I feel that should be promoted for other fisheries to see.

I am disabled and haven't fished for 12 years, thought I would never fish again. I use a power wheel chair but can hobble very short distances and need to park next to a peg to manage. But I can fish again, not always where I want but, I can fish again.

You will see I have added a visit to fish Atkinson's Tarn, added today but back dated. Every time I fish I include details of the venue, fish caught etc. Hopefully again to encourage others to fish who may like me think they may not fish again.

I have only been fishing again since 31 May this year.

PJ

pjcoarsefishing

Originally posted by Irishhybrids

It's an ADVERTISMENT , do you have an interest in the place as you seem blinkered .

It is not an advertisement.

Where ever I fish I add the venue details and then add details of the fish I have caught, maybe some wild life etc.

I also include details on the blog for MaggotDrowners forum and others, again that is not advertising but sharing my fishing experiences, learning from others, etc.

My aim is to help other people hear about fisheries and see how they fish. My main aim is to help disabled people who like me, think they may not fish again and to help create an awareness or better understanding of different mobility problems.

pjcoarsefishing

When I created the blog I made an error and had to start again, in doing so I used cut-n-paste for speed but yesterday I notices 30-40% of images were not showing, sorry for this.

I have now corrected this.

Pictures of the fisheries and the fish caught are now visible, only one fish at Borwick Fishery so far had a mashed mouth, most fish were in good condition and put up an excellent fight.

I have so far only fished Griffish lake, I will fish others as time allows so I can only speak for this lake but pictures included in the blog show the fish caught.

Other additions and improvements have been made to the blog in the last 24 hours for anyone wanting to have a browse.

templegater

Site Supporter
Agree with endpeg, ide seem to have gone,carp not showing in numbers and too many snig for matchfishing.

pjcoarsefishing

Update

We now have 26 lakes in Lancashire and 2 in Cumbria [:T] at

The menu now splits them in to counties.

If you know of others we may consider please feel free to send a PM

Preferably ones that have access for people with mobility problems,
- wheelchair suitable pegs or
- park next to level peg or
- short walk from car park

To include any of the above considerations with details of the fishery, website with pictures and contact details

Thanks [:T]

Status
Not open for further replies.