Countries gone to the dogs (literally)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
What should happen and what does happen seem to be two different things these days. The only thing I can think is that the judges hands are tied. I dont know anymore. Common sense isn't common anymore is it ? ?

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Ive had worse, But and its a big Butt ;) they are Scouse so ya must have known they would have got off with it ;);)

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Thing is Mark this story is very true and you can substitute the Mail for any of the other media outlets who are reporting it.
The point in all this is "dubious" reasoning from the judge on why they walked away scot free and yet again it makes a mockery of the British judicial system.
LBH Boris can plan to put 20,000 - 30,000 or even a million officers on the beat but it will be a pointless exercise if nothing comes from taking people to court and then some sort of punishment applied.
It's just one long p**s take now and the scum are laughing at us.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
With a parent like that, the judge would be doing the kids a favour if he did send them to jail. Strewth what a role model for the kids to grow up with. Is it any wonder youths don't have any respect for law & order, no fear of the police or the courts.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
With a parent like that, the judge would be doing the kids a favour if he did send them to jail. Strewth what a role model for the kids to grow up with. Is it any wonder youths don't have any respect for law & order, no fear of the police or the courts.
I still think that the police should have a ' proper ' uniform. No silly baseball caps. Be at least X feet tall etc. I saw two PC's the other day when I called off at McDonald's. Both opened shirted, Both wearing sunglasses, Both chewing chewing gum. WTF ? What respect do these plonkers command ? They make me laugh.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
Thing is Mark this story is very true and you can substitute the Mail for any of the other media outlets who are reporting it.
The point in all this is "dubious" reasoning from the judge on why they walked away scot free and yet again it makes a mockery of the British judicial system.
LBH Boris can plan to put 20,000 - 30,000 or even a million officers on the beat but it will be a pointless exercise if nothing comes from taking people to court and then some sort of punishment applied.
It's just one long p**s take now and the scum are laughing at us.

I wasn’t commenting on the case, I was commenting on the daily mail. Same applies to the rest of the media including the BBC. They no longer report in an objective way. I don’t pay much regard to the comment they make on a constant basis. They just try to whip people up into a frenzy of indignation.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
So in this instance Mark do you feel indignated? :)

Whether there is a bias or not the events they are reporting do usually have a kernal of truth and it doesn't matter how s**t the media sources are they are still bringing to our attention what is going on.
Just my opinion but I would rather have sensationalist over the top reporting that I can work out for myself than no reporting at all.

Chervil

Site Supporter
I still think that the police should have a ' proper ' uniform. No silly baseball caps. Be at least X feet tall etc. I saw two PC's the other day when I called off at McDonald's. Both opened shirted, Both wearing sunglasses, Both chewing chewing gum. WTF ? What respect do these plonkers command ? They make me laugh.
mick, unfortunately the old style uniform is no longer fit for purpose in this day and age, especially with the amount of equipment now carried and wearing body armour all shift.
Minimum height limits went out a long while ago, one of the reasons being that it discriminates against those from certain ethnic backgrounds, some of whom tend to be of smaller stature. Which in turn meant the police service wouldn't be representative of those they police. That said I have seen some smaller officers handle themselves a lot better than some bigger ones. Sun glasses were always a big no no, unless driving and I wouldn't have expected any of my team to be chewing gum.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
So in this instance Mark do you feel indignated? :)

Whether there is a bias or not the events they are reporting do usually have a kernal of truth and it doesn't matter how s**t the media sources are they are still bringing to our attention what is going on.
Just my opinion but I would rather have sensationalist over the top reporting that I can work out for myself than no reporting at all.

No media at all would be a terrible thing. I just find it very difficult to pass judgement on a court case if I wasn’t present when the evidence was given. I think the fact they weren’t given custodial sentences should not depend on whether they are single mothers but I don’t feel I know enough to feel indignation.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
mick, unfortunately the old style uniform is no longer fit for purpose in this day and age, especially with the amount of equipment now carried and wearing body armour all shift.
Minimum height limits went out a long while ago, one of the reasons being that it discriminates against those from certain ethnic backgrounds, some of whom tend to be of smaller stature. Which in turn meant the police service wouldn't be representative of those they police. That said I have seen some smaller officers handle themselves a lot better than some bigger ones. Sun glasses were always a big no no, unless driving and I wouldn't have expected any of my team to be chewing gum.
Discriminates ..... Good grief. I agree with you Chervil but, a guy 5' 3" aint going to command much respect from the #### hole I was brought up in. You need some big lads that can knock a few heads together. Of course this isnt political correct and thats why we are in the state we are in these days. I just wish someone would grow a set and tell it like it is.

Chervil

Site Supporter
Well what can you say really?

@Wise Owl no,no, surely not even you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I love the way that they play the children with special needs card. Whilst I fully agree that they should be locked up, the judge and social services, were must likely also looking at the fact, that it would mean 7 children would have to be put into care.
After a couple of not guilty verdicts, where there was absolutely no doubt of the accused guilt, I actually stopped staying in court to hear the verdict and would leave as soon as excused by the court.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
I got in big trouble for comments I made directed at the Daily Mail after I got into a row with them. I had Westminster Threat Research Intelligence Group order my arrest for malicious communications, when I'm not in the least bit malicious. After explaining to the police - not WTRIG - that WTRIG had been involved in a long running dispute between me and Mail Online (hate them not least because of it) I was understood and let off without a caution. Lot of rigmorale and hassle in the meantime though!