Cornwall in winter

roachy

Hi guys.
We are flying home for a couple of weeks on the 19th with mixed feelings..
Originally we booked a holiday cottage in Cornwall (5 miles out of Penzance) to spend a few days including Christmas day down there and since then I've been told my mum has weeks to live having been diagnosed with lung cancer.
We booked the holiday cottage as a Xmas gift to take my aunt and uncle away with us so I don't want to cancel it at all, I'm happy to drive up to Mansfield when I need to.
My question is does anybody have ideas what my aunt and uncle could do down there without transport? Obviously taxi rides to penzance etc is fine but anything else local? I know the area well but more from a drive here or there kind of perspective

160642fishing

Site Supporter
In that case they would probably be just as happy to be doing that down there,at least it's a change of scenery.

matiny2k

Train up the line to St Ives - doesn't take long and some great scenery on the way.

Really sorry to hear about your circumstances.

Mat

Dusty

Hi Roachy,

Really sorry to hear about your mum.
I don’t know much about Cornwall but can echo that the train to St Ives is a great ride, you can also get a connection to Hayle which is an alright place to walk around.

Sorry I can’t help anymore.

roachy

Hi Roachy,

Really sorry to hear about your mum.
I don’t know much about Cornwall but can echo that the train to St Ives is a great ride, you can also get a connection to Hayle which is an alright place to walk around.

Sorry I can’t help anymore.
Many thanks matey