Cornish Pastie.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Every company will blow their own trumpet on how good their pasties are, and yet in Paignton last year I dropped on a little bakers that made and sold their own pasties. They were very tasty and packed to the rafters, unlike some that the filling just covered the basement.

Krh57

Site Supporter
The Pie Company who sell on QVC make some tasty pasties and pies, I would reccomend them.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Every company will blow their own trumpet on how good their pasties are, and yet in Paignton last year I dropped on a little bakers that made and sold their own pasties. They were very tasty and packed to the rafters, unlike some that the filling just covered the basement.
They have to be the size of pillows, with an industrial strength crust to hold the filling in.🤗

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
The only place to buy and eat a Cornish pastie is Cornwall.
The best one I ever had was still warm, bought in Padstow and eaten while I was sitting on a bench on the harbour.

Just like fish & chips, they taste best in the open air on the quay at Whitby.
Don't be taken in by the enormous queue outside THAT fish & chip restaurant. The reason there is a queue - is that there is already a queue, so well, it must be really good, mustn't it? :whistle:

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The only place to buy and eat a Cornish pastie is Cornwall.
The best one I ever had was still warm, bought in Padstow and eaten while I was sitting on a bench on the harbour.

Just like fish & chips, they taste best in the open air on the quay at Whitby.
Don't be taken in by the enormous queue outside THAT fish & chip restaurant. The reason there is a queue - is that there is already a queue, so well, it must be really good, mustn't it? :whistle:
That's if the seagulls in Whitby don't beat you to it.

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
I can recommend Warrens pasties, they’m bliddy ‘ansome my ‘luvver!