Cornish Pastie.

Rick123

Site Supporter
My Mrs has started to make me some pasties to take fishing with me. Honest, I do find most sandwiches to dry, and a pastie or sausage roll much better with hot tea.

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Your Mrs must be a half decent cook as my mom and dad make pasties, they've got pretty good at cooking over the years, and often the pastry comes quite dry for my taste, I make myself a butty with them. Do love a sausage roll though.

davepellet

always had an issue eating while fishing...
other than the self-heating all day breakfasts in a tin, the wife's dad used to bring us...
partly a hygiene thing, partly if I'm eating, I'm not fishing

but I take med's once a day that I need to take after food, and when I get up at 4am last thing I'm thinking about is grub... so I end up sticking 2 nutty/chewy bar things in my pocket & take the pill after those... it's always mid-morning I start to feel hungry...

so maybe I should be considering taking a soss roll or summat with me every time & that would solve both medicine & hunger issues

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I also struggle to eat when I'm fishing. I'll always have a mars bar in my bag, just in case & I'll invariably take a butty but never eat it until the drive home.
Drink far too much coffee while I'm fishing though which leads to far too many pee breaks.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Sausages rolls are always a staple of my fishing food. Will generally have a couple of them along with a couple bread rolls. Love a pastie but not cold so not generally good for fishing for me. Have had them on boats with microwaves though and once scrambled down a rock mark in Cornwall carrying a load of uncomfortably hot ones from a beach cafe.

nejohn

Site Supporter
I usually take something to eat, more often than not a couple of sausage rolls or a pork pie along with a Mars bar or something similar. I don't mind eating the Mars bar as I am fishing but anything else I generally reel in and eat it while I stretch my legs or just generally get off my box for a break. However if I am only going for a couple of hours then I might just take a cereal bar and a cold drink

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Why do people struggle to eat when fishing? Nosh tastes better in the fresh air, a cup of tea certainly does.

I make my own pasties for fishing, get the size and everything just how I like them.

OldTaff

Site Supporter
I forget to eat and drink whilst fishing, just get caught up in the process but hen I’m always ravenous when I get home

The thought of pasties does appeal though

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Why do people struggle to eat when fishing? Nosh tastes better in the fresh air, a cup of tea certainly does.
Indeed 👍🏻

Is nice to just take a couple minutes to stop fishing and have a bite to eat, have a stand up and stretch and take in your surroundings whilst reflecting on how the sessions going and how it might progress. I generally have a couple such 2 minutes snack breaks in a session then a longer say 5 minute break for lunch.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Having a munch when fishing gives a chance to rest the swim.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
When I smoked I would sit by the river or lake before I started to fish and have a cigarette, just atune to the water.

Yes go along with what UK said.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
The inside of a Pasty, the filling should not be dry if you have made them right,

the pastry is basically just a edible bag for the meat, carrot onions and leeks,

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
I usually take a flask of coffee and a pasty or a roll or two. If l'm fishing the pole l will scoff them before the all in, if its a tip match l tend to scoff during quiet spells or immediately after a cast. Mind you, l've had quick bites, put my food down and played the fish and put it in the net then realised l've put the grub in the maggot tub or even worse, the sweetcorn tub which l always fill with water😳

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I usually take a flask of coffee and a pasty or a roll or two. If l'm fishing the pole l will scoff them before the all in, if its a tip match l tend to scoff during quiet spells or immediately after a cast. Mind you, l've had quick bites, put my food down and played the fish and put it in the net then realised l've put the grub in the maggot tub or even worse, the sweetcorn tub which l always fill with water😳
Leaving it in the wrapper or sarny bag usually works. just thought I'd mention it like. :p