Corned Beef Pasties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebestboxever

May be a bit random, but has anyone ever seen corned beef pasties for sale outside of South Wales (Swansea/Neath area). I've never seen them outside of my old stamping ground, and it means whenever I go back to see the parental units, I have to eat a million of the buggers. They do go down very well when it's raining at White Springs methinks.

andyfp

Account Locked
Gregs sell everything dont they, to bloody greasy for me out of their shops.

I much prefer my wifes home made pasty's. Or there's the PIE SHOP up the town, next best thing to home made, and ther mince & onion pie and steak and kidney pies, mmmmmmmm delishhh

Thebestboxever

Gregg's never sold them in the North West. Or the North East. Or for that matter in the London area. I've never investigated Brum; mainly because it smells, is ugly, and the accent makes baby jebus cry. However, now being in Leicester, I have easy access to the best pork pies.

Polecup

Yes, I am a
Gregg's sell them in Manchester, but you'll never better their sausage and baked bean pasties!

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
they used to sell them in kwik save .......[:T]

Cooky

greggs sell them up here

i used to like the corned beef slabs they used to do

andyfp

Account Locked
Originally posted by Thebestboxever

Gregg's never sold them in the North West. Or the North East. Or for that matter in the London area. I've never investigated Brum; mainly because it smells, is ugly, and the accent makes baby jebus cry. However, now being in Leicester, I have easy access to the best pork pies.

Your having a laugh mate [?], they are one of the top sellers in our Gregsy's up the town centre

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
I have bought Greggs corned beef pasties in Blackpool, Sunderland and Durham.......That covers the North West and North East then.

Peters do the best ones though[;)]

bluezulu-

you seem to have been about a bit, did all those towns kick you out ? perhaps it's not brum that smells but you!
don't choke on ya pork pie! [^][:D]

nrayner

How anyone can eat the greasy slop that Greggs passes for pastry is beyond my comprehension. The tiny lumps of tumerous "meat" also defy belief.

andyfp

Account Locked
Originally posted by nrayner

How anyone can eat the greasy slop that Greggs passes for pastry is beyond my comprehension. The tiny lumps of tumerous "meat" also defy belief.
Well said mate, bloody disgusting rubbish IMHO

Simon R

Site Supporter

Gregg's never sold them in the North West. Or the North East.
[:0]
You never been to Newcastle?
More Greggs in that city per square mile than anywhere else in the country - the pastie is the staple diet of the Geordie.

How else do you think the fans at St James maintain the svelte figures that are often shown on MOTD.[:p][:p]
newcastle-hated.jpg

Simon

Thebestboxever

Not that Greggs don't sell pasties, they clearly (claim to) do. But they do not sell corned beef pasties in Manchester (admittedly, I was in S Manc, not N Manc, which was, like N Wales, smelly and funny-sounding). Lived there from 2003 until a few months ago, and, being a bit of a chunky-monkey, got lots of baked goods. Never ever ever saw a corned beef pasty. Saw many variations of the 'meat' pasty, but nothing approaching the glory that is the corned beef pasty. And here's the proof: http://www.greggs.co.uk/menu/savouries. Can anyone see a corned beef pasty? Nope. So yah, boo and sucks to you all!

(As for the North East, I'm happy to retract, on the grounds I spent most of my time in Durham at the Uni, and thus subsisted on oysters and foi gras).

andyfp

Account Locked

(As for the North East, I'm happy to retract, on the grounds I spent most of my time in Durham at the Uni, and thus subsisted on oysters and foi gras).

Posh get [:p] and i supose you had liguistines instead of prawns then

Thebestboxever

Originally posted by andyfp

Posh get [:p] and i supose you had liguistines instead of prawns then

Don't be so plebby - one never has languostines when Lobster is available!

slf

NUFC
Originally posted by brasem

I have bought Greggs corned beef pasties in Blackpool, Sunderland and Durham.......That covers the North West and North East then.

Peters do the best ones though[;)]

Had one at the metro centre yesterday

No chance peters are no where near as nice, you lose half of it as the pastries that flakey. I've had them in Newcastle and Durham but when i'm at uni in sheffield they dont sell them

Status
Not open for further replies.