Corded electric lawnmowers

carphauler

Roachhauler
Well the old faithful Qualcast powertrack 4000 went bang yesterday, I've nursed it along in the last few years but after 15 years it's kaput.
What I liked,£130, 30m cable, 40cm cutting blade, 50 litre grass box, suits me, now I can't find a Qualcast similar anywhere or for that matter any other brand,are these Hyundai ones any good?

carphauler

Roachhauler
The closest thing you’ll find to the old qualcasts is the bosch rotak. Bosch bought qualcast out.
I sort of thought that, trouble now is the only Bosch ones I can find in that range are £200+,might have to settle for a slightly smaller version from a different brand.

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Have you considered buying a better mower second hand? I bought a Hayter off a friend (landscape gardener) 20 years ago - still going strong and parts readily available.

Chervil

Site Supporter
I bought a Qualcast cordless about 3 years ago (cannot find it on line at this time). A really good move, more than enough battery to cut 2 lawns and no cables to keep moving out of the way, or run over:whistle:. I would have a look at cordless.

crumpercatcher.

Site Supporter
Got a Bosch Rotak last year after the Flymo I was given finally died. The Bosch is so good the Mrs will mow the lawns now. She wouldn’t use the Flymo :rolleyes:

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have a Bosch Rotak that I've battered and abused for 7 years (our back garden was waist high brambles when we bought our house). I've literally last week replaced the blade on it for twenty quid last week, and it's back to being like new again :)

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
I sort of thought that, trouble now is the only Bosch ones I can find in that range are £200+,might have to settle for a slightly smaller version from a different brand.
£200. I wish I only had to part with that amount. Looking to get a new ride on, and even with trading the old one in its telephone numbers. I might just sharpen my scissors instead.