copthorne

Status
Not open for further replies.

timber

built for comfort
thinking of fishing copthorne nr garstang again after many years can you give any tips i believe there is quite a choice of waters now.

big dave

Floater

Recent alterations have blended some of the smaller ponds with the main lake. Species in there are combined too. Canal is really the only seperate water now, see the aerial photo on my website. Fish margins on main lake not out in the middle as most carpers do. Canal fish far bank. Lake has larger fish, canal easier to catch on. Catch anything on maggots but if you want to concentrate on the carp then meat or pellet, corn for the chub and skimmers. Now also a caravan site!

For all angling on the Fylde see http://www.angling-northwest.co.uk

Piker

you will catch almost everything in their on beef coshida catmeat with a size 8 hook buried inside on the float. In there i had a 8oz roach ,3 lb common, 1lb mirror,2lb mirror , skimmer 1lb,barbel 1.5lbs,tench 1lbs all on catmeat on the mainlake. Then a week later i fished the canal and caught 33.8lb of carp on catmeat again, including ghosties ,commons and mirrors. If you can take some redworms too. They will catch everyfish in there but not as fast as catmeat. Fish the catmeat at about 1ft or 1.5ft and you should be in for a treat. But it does go quiet from 12 till bout 4 then after 4 you`ll hammer them. (tip) fish the peg on the canal that has a lily bed right in front of it. (note not the doghnut section of the canal. The original canal section because they have joined the 2 together now.

):)::--PIKER--:::)(
If There`s A Fish To Be Caught I`m Gonna Catch IT!!!

Esox

In my experience, you need a 16m pole for the canal. It's frustrating watching people catch on far bank, while your struggling with your 13m catching nowt.
If you've only got a little 'un, there is a canal type water at Bannister Hall nr Southport, though the stamp of fish is smaller.

Piker

i catch all fish in there at most 7 metres out

):)::--PIKER--:::)(
If There`s A Fish To Be Caught I`m Gonna Catch IT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.