Coping... are you really...???

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Starting to struggle a bit here... alone 10 hours a day... (wife's a key worker) angry at the morons who ignore simple rules... can't get out to fish cos the weathers shart.... (Even then I'm on me own) it would have been my late fathers birthday this week... ain't seen a mate since November.... I think I'm doing okay for a bit, then a dark cloud appears...
I did think I was coping with it all... I really did... seems sometime we're not doing as well as we think we are...

Stay safe folks...
Been told to stay indoors except for shopping since the end of April due to SWMBO being classed as highly vulnerable, nearly 9 months of it now. Weather permitting I try to get her out in the car for a short drive round the area as much as possible. We have had no visitors nor have we visited anyone in that time. I go shopping once a week and that is the limit of our social life. We are both finding it increasingly difficult to cope, I have hidden all the sharp kitchen knives and blunt instruments.

We do get to speak to our son and daughter in law in South Wales over the internet regularly but that upsets her not being able to hold our granddaughter and made worse in her mind as a grandson is due this month.

We have no idea when the vaccine will be available to us, all I wish is the ignorant tossers who ignore the advice would start to adhere to it.

7 people I know have been infected with Covid, sadly two of them passed away, I do not wish to hear of any more loss of life.

Last edited:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Thank you for the messages of support on the boards and by PM... its odd but up till a couple of weeks ago I thought I was doing okay... I'd got out a couple of times and all was well... but something went "Ping" in me head t'other week and was right low... when I looked at the calendar on mo day and saw it would have been me dads birthday tomorrow I lost it...

I think I'd been fooling meself thinking I was okay ,when the reality is I'm not... I feel bloody daft because I know there are folks far worse of than me... perhaps 40 years of shifts have screwed my perception of what is actually okay and whats not... I was certainly struggling 2 years ago just before I retired and since then everything that caused an issue was forgotten... now with all this crud going on it seems to have returned with a vengeance...
Thanks for all the goodwill lads, it certainly helps..👍

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Thank you for the messages of support on the boards and by PM... its odd but up till a couple of weeks ago I thought I was doing okay... I'd got out a couple of times and all was well... but something went "Ping" in me head t'other week and was right low... when I looked at the calendar on mo day and saw it would have been me dads birthday tomorrow I lost it...

I think I'd been fooling meself thinking I was okay ,when the reality is I'm not... I feel bloody daft because I know there are folks far worse of than me... perhaps 40 years of shifts have screwed my perception of what is actually okay and whats not... I was certainly struggling 2 years ago just before I retired and since then everything that caused an issue was forgotten... now with all this crud going on it seems to have returned with a vengeance...
Remember mate Being Miserable is an option the same as being happy, the only difference is showing yer happiness sure gets the backs up of the miserable ones :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter

I know how you feel Arry, it's my dads birthday on the 22nd Jan, day before mine, he passed away 5 years ago, and I always go to cemetery to put flowers on the grave, This year I dont think I will be going due to it being 150 miles away, My lads who live near it, dont know where the grave is and I dont think ex wife will do it,
Same as in February on anniversary of my mums passing away, hopefully by then I may be able to get up there and put flowers on the grave , then visit family and see my grandkids,
I think with lockdown and restrictions involved such as not being able to work or socialize people are thinking more of family and events. I am retired and before all this I the same as others could more or less do as we pleased in a good way.

Last edited:

stikflote

Site Supporter
IM fed up with staying in not seen any of my family except for daughter who stays with me, im oldest in a large family

one thing that really is getting to me, none of them three daughters brother and sisters have phoned to aswk how im doing ,
only highlight of day is when i take my dog for a walk .

this sites a help tho i do get some laughs,

\Keith

rd350lc

Luckily I've got 2 young kids to take my mind off of things , and due to my wife starting a new job I've got to do some hours at work spread all over the place to accommodate home schooling . I keep telling myself it'll get better , god knows when tho !.The bleedin miserable weather not helping .
I've heard this saying many times ," it's ok to not be ok "

chefster

Shedster!!
Site Supporter
I’m shielding again now , although I feel fine now and have been back at work flat out since end of July 🤷‍♂️Got the letter from the government so I’m on furlough , my missus is off on furlough as well, so not as if I’m stuck on my own , I’ve got the dog to walk as well, fishing gear to tinker with etc, could be worse 👍

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
IM fed up with staying in not seen any of my family except for daughter who stays with me, im oldest in a large family

one thing that really is getting to me, none of them three daughters brother and sisters have phoned to aswk how im doing ,
only highlight of day is when i take my dog for a walk .

this sites a help tho i do get some laughs,

\Keith
Mine are the same, I may get the odd text asking how i am or if I have had blood tests done.
My eldest grandkids age 13 and 11 have their own phones ,never hear from them or they take ages ( days) to reply to texts, yet I turn up and give them a tenner each and I am best grandad ever.
My youngest grandkids are made up when I turn up to see them whether I have gifts or not.

Total

Site Supporter
Mine are the same, I may get the odd text asking how i am or if I have had blood tests done.
My eldest grandkids age 13 and 11 have their own phones ,never hear from them or they take ages ( days) to reply to texts, yet I turn up and give them a tenner each and I am best grandad ever.
My youngest grandkids are made up when I turn up to see them whether I have gifts or not.
Give us your number and I'll text you...You can send me the 'tenners' later!:oops:;):D

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Sadly both my parents are gone and my siblings are all over the place Australia Bolton and Harlow.. we don't talk much... my lass is deep in work with a company takeover and missing her parents like mad... it really is hard coping sometimes for both of us... we are doing Jays Lockdown Quiz on youtube tonight so that'll be a bit of fun as the wife does a Zoom meeting with her big sis... maybe a beer or three

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
For me to become an ambassador for the Burnt Chef Project (The project is committed to burning away the stigma and shame associated with mental health for hospitality professionals worldwide.) I had to complete a virtual mental health and wellbeing course. The course is ideal for a mental health first aider/manager to help support their team, but is also ideal for an individual as support or where to find it 👌🏻🖤

The course is 3 hours long and FREE 👍🏻

Jonathan Sutcliffe-Bland

Site Supporter
@chefster

👌🏻