Coping... are you really...???

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Starting to struggle a bit here... alone 10 hours a day... (wife's a key worker) angry at the morons who ignore simple rules... can't get out to fish cos the weathers shart.... (Even then I'm on me own) it would have been my late fathers birthday this week... ain't seen a mate since November.... I think I'm doing okay for a bit, then a dark cloud appears...
I did think I was coping with it all... I really did... seems sometime we're not doing as well as we think we are...

Stay safe folks...

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Stay strong mate, the nights are getting longer if it's any consolation, that's what I'm trying to focus on, that it won't be long before Spring now.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
Im used to this, worked from home for last 10 years and lived by myself for last 15 years so just another day for me.

The ignore button/delete button has helped me a lot with the people i really do not want to interact with on various platforms.

Rather than the focusing on the negatives, what are the positives? what things can you do from home/local which may help you and interest you? any volunteering locally? any interests that you can branch further with research or reading?

We all have up and down days, even if you do not see people it helps a lot to just chat with someone, that is the main reason i have FB as it allows me to communicate easier with people all over the world.

surprising how much even a simple chat with a mate/family can make you feel better about things and they may be going through exactly the same thing.

62tucker

Site Supporter
Account Locked
Make sure you get outside no matter what the weather is for at least one walk a day.
Start something new.
Make your own weights.
Makes some boilies
Dig a pond
Get a fish tank
Learn to cook or bake something new.
Above all. Talk to your wife about it.
stay safe and good luck for the future. Things will get better

Arry

Site Supporter
Tried the faeces book route... theres so much bile and negativity on there, it makes me feel worse... tried some retail therapy via ebay for some bits and bobs to tinker with... that wore off quickly...
My gym has closed so no workouts, as has the local pool... bikes on Sorn due to no MOT and can't get one anyway... its not much really compared to the folks on the front lines... just makes you feel even worse knowing they are managing... this b*****d disease better f*** off soon and leave folks be

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
As Ginge said stay away from the Negative ones they are not even happy when they make ya sad. Do some online Surveys, some ya get a few bob for, go for a walk, pick a Recipe off the net and do it for when yer gert gets home. Good luck pal .

Arry

Site Supporter
I already cook 5 days a week... house husband...
Planning to wet a line on friday if its half decent weather, but even then I'm on me todd

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
How about helping a mate on an allotment, or get yourself a small greenhouse? You could get yourself an air rifle and take out a few rats and greys.

Arry

Site Supporter
Gardens hard landscaped, no mates with an allotment.. me best mate is in Harlow one of the highest infection rates in the country so I'm not going over there and he's not coming over here... ne'er the twain and all that...

Sometimes cumulatively it all get a bit much

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Bet you Maggotdrowners helps alot Arry. Always somebody to look out for you if you have a problem. Have you thought about learning to do something online. What about the guitar loads of lessons online. I also started to learn to play chess online well before the lockdown started last March, but I'm so happy I did. It gives me something to focus on learning strategies and you can also play against people all over the world, Chat to them if you really want also.
Stay strong mate theirs always somebody to talk to (y)

stikflote

Site Supporter
It is getting me down as well Arry,
can only get to food shops weather doesnt help ,even taking my dog for a walk is not helping,
Grandson phone to say he was calling round ,had to tell him he cant come ,
Daughters gone back home with Spud ,she's feeling down as well.

Ithink its starting to get to all of us now across country

Not Now Kato

Site Supporter
Can you Skype or Zoom meet with your friends online? I have a regular Zoom meeting with my pals and Skype with my Son and Grandkids.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
As we speak more and more People are getting the Vaccine, more and more people are surviving Covid, nights are getting lighter, Days will get warmer, Daffodils and spring Flowers will be swaying in a warmer Breeze, slowly but surely we will see change, we are now in First gear not reverse and can start to move forward. Dont watch the news as they love only to report on the Reverse gear working. Believe me mate times are Gonna get better soon.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If you want I'll send you my accounts over and you can sort them out for me Arry, that'll give you something to do <aaargh lol>

Tried the faeces book route... theres so much bile and negativity on there, it makes me feel worse...
I would not recommend FB to anyone at the moment, the same with Twitter, it is so full of bile, angst, angry people and despair - it seems everyone with a hang-up about the torys is on one, and the rest are just generally either on downers or mr angrys

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Reading Arry's post angers me. So many folk suffering because of this pandemic. Chefsters post the other day, now Arry's post. What about we start making more use of the chat rooms. I remember 10 or so years back we used to have a right laugh, 10-15 of us chatting. Just a thought.

gingert76

Facts, Stats & Evidence!
Site Supporter
how about pilates/yoga/meditation? Yoga has helped me a lot recently.

As you know i have a missus in teh Philipinnes and since i left she has been robbed three times, lost our baby, been in a bad accident and broke her arm and leg plus a bunch of other things and things in general getting worse and people more desperate there, the internet is so bad now that i may only get a text once every 3 days and there is zero chance of having a voice call never mind a video call.

I moved from a nice house and garden to a 2 bed flat with no garden or outside

All that s**t plus covid and the fact i should be living there now and married has weighed heavily on me the last 10 months and tehre has been some dark moments but to save my own sanity i have had to do something to get my mind off it, from going for a walk, to find new authors to read, to learning a new technical skill, to exercising, yoga has been great and something i never thought i would do...........what i am saying is there must be someway to keeping your mind occupied!

Ive had nightmares about her and being there, ive not even been able to give her a hug and tell her the baby is not her fault as she thinks it is and when she miscarried it happened in the shower and she had to sit in that and wait for hours for her sister to come home as she was bleeding too much and couldnt get up, same as one of the robberies she had a gun pointed at her, i would give anything to be there with her as i know she will be safe when i am there and today is 368 days since i kissed her goodbye when i left for the airport to come home.

Any positive thought is better than no positive thoughts, i know you cook 5 days a week but take on a new cuisine or research food from your favourite country, just keep trying to find something as hopefully something will click and grab your interest, i have one friend who is learning sign language at home as its something to do and may benefit her in the future.

If you have no mates to ring then ask someone on here, or call a helpline, if you dont have a outlet then things bottle up inside and will get worse, i hope you find something or someone to help, there is light at the end of the tunnel now with the virus oh and dont know if you do but dont read or watch the news, it is just there to drag you down and sensationalise everything!