Conversation with my dad

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Also think about a sharp drop in temperatures. Here at the moment there's a sharp frost so I wouldn't be expecting much.
It's a bit nippy here this morning, Alexa says 2c, but luckily no frost. I'm doubtful about Crucians, hopeful for Roach, and have Perch as a backup. Got to hope we get decent pegs at 10am though as I'm waiting for my dad to get back from a car boot.

Dslayer

dslayer
Why do you think fish will not be down that deep?
I fish a clear water that slopes to over 20ft.
Caught Roach, Crucian, Bream, Tench, Perch, Eels and Carp on float, maggot feeder, method and straight lead in deepest part.
Similar for me.....
I use a feeder or a sliding float rig....

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
There were a lot of Eastern Europeans fishing today, what I call 'sea fishing' style. Heavy rods pointing up in the air with heavy leads cast out into the middle. Nice enough to chat to. One came and asked me what I was doing as I was catching and he wasn't. I said fish close in with maggots. He said he was using maggots but showed me his float rig and it looked like a size 10 hook with 5 maggots on the hook. It was set at about 9 foot deep and I told him to shallow up and fish the edges but unfortunately didn't have the energy or will to help him out fully.

Total

Site Supporter
There were a lot of Eastern Europeans fishing today, what I call 'sea fishing' style. Heavy rods pointing up in the air with heavy leads cast out into the middle. Nice enough to chat to. One came and asked me what I was doing as I was catching and he wasn't. I said fish close in with maggots. He said he was using maggots but showed me his float rig and it looked like a size 10 hook with 5 maggots on the hook. It was set at about 9 foot deep and I told him to shallow up and fish the edges but unfortunately didn't have the energy or will to help him out fully.
Why didn't you just show him your setup?:unsure:.....Knowledge is good to share...:love:

Total

Site Supporter
I did but only briefly. I was fishing the most basic waggler rig. :)
Fair do's.....You was there and not me and obviously you had your reasons.....I won't stick me hooter in unless someone asks me for help, and help I will gladly do so...But show me disrespect, or nonsense like "yeah, I know that etc" and you'll be on ya bike...end of....:p:ROFLMAO:

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Fair do's.....You was there and not me and obviously you had your reasons.....I won't stick me hooter in unless someone asks me for help, and help I will gladly do so...But show me disrespect, or nonsense like "yeah, I know that etc" and you'll be on ya bike...end of....:p:ROFLMAO:
They were friendly enough. If I had a decent enough pole this would be one of the first places I'd fish.