Controlled Parking Zones

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Well it has come to pass that after a length of time since the first controlled parking zones being introduced in the town

our area of the Harbour ward-East cliff parish has now recieved the letter of confirmation that we will be subject to the new bye-laws

each residence now has to fill in forms to obtain on street parking permits to allow the householders to park legally and without the risk of a £30 daily fine

while others and myself are not too worried or against this new ruling, it still seems that it will not improve the situation for most,

being that the residents and local councillors had asked for just residents parking only, this seems not to be the case, rather that anyone from any street can still psrk in your road regardless of thier address,

the biggest gripe is that some local businesses that have multiple employees, all with company cars have been clogging the parking up during the day and overnight with their vans, pick ups and trucks (notwithstanding that it is illegal to park a 7.5 ton GVW on the street), they can still apply for the same parking permit as thier company address-office is within the aforementioned parking zone

we all got the letter yesterday, stating what must be done to comply with the requirements to obtain a permit, and the zonal restrictions are to come into force on the 26th october next, this doesnt leave much time, around 8 working days to apply, recieve and display the permits

most of the requirements have to be submitted on line, just this morn, one of the older residents was atalkin to me as our dogs were running around the top field getting muddy and stated he has no internet access to apply, and it seems hes not the only one with this problem, Ive told him to bring his details up later and we will use my internet to get him through,

he will have to supply me with bank card details, insurance details, any vehicle reg document numbers, just to be considered for a permit, if he then qualifys, they then send a link for payment to his non existant e mail address

seems a bit tangled to me, there is no provision made for personal attendance and payment at the council offices,

juttle

Grumpy old cripple
Site Supporter
Sign of the times sadly, if you don’t have an online ‘presence’ you don’t exist, and everyone has at least one email address, don’t they...

dave the fish

Site Supporter
So where do your visitors get to park, do you now have to pay for a day permit for them.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
Kak handed councils with their jumped up jobs worth trying to make a name for themselves.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I have to have a permit to park outside my gaff, and I have a visitors permit as well.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well it looks like my overnight stop at Mick's on the way to the land of the rich and free will have to be cancelled - not because of CV but because there's no way I'm coughing up £30 to park - sorry Mick but you'll have to put the fold-me-down back in the loft

👩‍✈️🛻🚓

As for parking at home, we have no problem, the drive/frontage takes three including my pickup, and no restrictions on the street as long as we stick to 20mph getting here :D

Total

Site Supporter
Well it looks like my overnight stop at Mick's on the way to the land of the rich and free will have to be cancelled - not because of CV but because there's no way I'm coughing up £30 to park - sorry Mick but you'll have to put the fold-me-down back in the loft

👩‍✈️🛻🚓..................

Please don't let that stop you.....Mick will cover the costs! :p:ROFLMAO:

Silver fan 82

The house we were in before we had to pay, I think it was £70 a year to park (residents only). We had permits for visitors. I think it was a good idea and didn't mind paying for it. Where I am now it's hit and miss if I can even park in the same road that I live in as commuters Park in the road and the two local garages park their customers cars in the road too. Great fun struggling with shopping bags and two young uns.
Definitely looking for a driveway next time!