conkers.. in moira

Status
Not open for further replies.

markharding

has any one fished here if so whats it like and which are the actual pools. as if you look on google maps there are 3 or 4 but can only see a small one with pegs on but was told there was about 3 places to fish.

Last edited:

brewkit

kevb's driver
i emailed them last year, they don't allow fishing inside conkers, the pond you can see with pegs next to the car park is swad angling. further south is conkers waterside, the canal basin there down to the lock near moira furnace is free. plenty of tench,bream and roach, from the lock to the bridge in donishorpe is 4, from the bridge to the basin is free again, but the tench haven't made it that far down. the car parking is free, if you set up at waterside and go on the far side from the carpark you don't get bothered by walkers/dogs etc. be aware of car park locking up times.

markharding

i'll have a look on maps in a min at the areas your on about. sorry i wrote my post wrong i ment to say that swad have got the tickets to that water but was told there was a couple of places in there that they had and wasnt't sure where as i could only see the one pool with pegs etc.

whats the canal like for size wise, is there loads but all smaller stuff

brewkit

kevb's driver
the tench and bream go to a coupla pound, on a good day its a fish a chuck. dont use bread, or the swans and ducks will be your best mates for the day [:D]

markharding

had a look at the maps and i'm a bit confused as to where ya mean. the waterside basin is at conkers and is the more square area with a staggered side, this part is free and all the way down to the lock just past shortheath road. but then were is the bridge the only thing i can see is at the furnace near the tea rooms and then something which looks a little like a dam a bit further down. and then from which ever bridge it is the final basin behind brooks close is free.. correct?!?! lol

also if fishing basin at conkers your saying fish on opposite side of it to the main building out of peoples way etc?

sorry for being dumb lol

markharding

might have to go a wander up and have a look. always feel a bit dodgy about it incase i end up getting busted for fishing where i shouldn't!!

Status
Not open for further replies.