Conjouring money out of thin air ?

genesis

Account Locked
it went down a tad last month :oops:

watched that 2nd world war dealer on tv earlier, he invested in a sherman £175k !!!!!
Oh yes Mick.

I looked at buying one myself end of last year for a restoration project in the workshop but they fetch silly money. And as the yanks built so many there are still a lot around. Now if you wanted to buy a German Panzer your talking millions. But there are only 15 working ones in the World. I know a guy who has a WWll Russian T34 for sale in Holland which I fancy having a look at and maybe making a bid. Its road legal and should get a few looks on the high street.

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
It'll be alright for late-night shopping trips to Bradfordistan

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Oh yes Mick. I looked st buying one myself end of last year for a restoration project in the workshop but they fetch silly money. And as the yanks built so many there are still a lot around. Now if you wanted to buy a German Panzer your talking millions. But there are only 15 working ones in the World. I know a guy who has a WWll Russian T34 for sale in Holland which I fancy having a look at and maybe making a bid. Its road legal and should get a few looks on the high street.

Locally, (pre covid) we had this Mahoosive big "War and Peace" show put on over to the old folkestone racecourse

for about ten days prior to and after the weekend it was on, there would be untold ex WW11 and later military vehicles running around the area, was proper surreal going out early to one of our club ponds and finding a SS convoy coming down the road towards you

the racecourse has now been sold for housing, so prob wont be on close again, it already had been switched from the hop farm venue to here

genesis

Account Locked
it went down a tad last month :oops:

watched that 2nd world war dealer on tv earlier, he invested in a sherman £175k !!!!!
One here for you Mick in Czechia. Fully repaired and look nice inside :unsure: Shall we go halves on it ;):):army:

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
One here for you Mick in Czechia. Fully repaired and look nice inside :unsure: Shall we go halves on it ;):):army:

wasnt the israelis and the arabs still using shermans and T34-76's up till a couple a wars ago,

seem to remember a documentary about a bunch of shermans on the Golan hieghts ?

genesis

Account Locked
Locally, (pre covid) we had this Mahoosive big "War and Peace" show put on over to the old folkestone racecourse

for about ten days prior to and after the weekend it was on, there would be untold ex WW11 and later military vehicles running around the area, was proper surreal going out early to one of our club ponds and finding a SS convoy coming down the road towards you

the racecourse has now been sold for housing, so prob wont be on close again, it already had been switched from the hop farm venue to here
It was due to be on down your way for the D- day celebrations but like a lot of things was cancelled :(

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
It was due to be on down your way for the D- day celebrations but like a lot of things was cancelled :(

the herberts loved it, especially when the re-enactors had thier batles with all the whizz bangs going off