Conifer Lakes - East Yorkshire

Status
Not open for further replies.

stinky_docker

Saw some pictures of this place a few weeks ago,looked awesome fished it today was well impressed....

Although a little difficult to find,the place is sheer beauty...

Over 150 yrs old,hidden away in previous manor grounds not a sound other than wildlife or dopey golfers screaming FOUR from the golf course next door...

Loads of features to fish to,I started with the method,banded and hair rigged pellet...

Got nothing but knocking on my rod tip for hours,got quite fustrated,tried all sorts,eventually talked to some chaps fishing found out the secret to the place is red maggot...

Changed hook-bait only and wham,fish first chuck,and so it went on,must've had almost 40 fish,mainly bream and small carp,a few hybrids but all in a really excellent day out in excellent surroundings....

Well recommended....!!!!

stinky_docker

Allerthorpe a few Miles of the A1079 York road...

Turn off the A1079,go through the village,past the country park/golf course on your right hand side,through some sharp twists on the road and there will be a little dirt track leading to a manor house/farm....

Go down their and its on your right after the golf course...

Difficult to find,but well worth the look.

P.S. If you can find the post code for the golf course(allerthorpe) it will get you in the right area...

Rob172cup

wow id forgot about this place i havent fished it for about ten years!! i might give it ago in a few weeks thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.