Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

ask thee fathe

congratulations to aldin grange J.C.A rodgers juniors fishing at catterick match lake in the N.F.A won the six a side and two weights over 20lb and Helen was 2nd in the inderviduals.

Thom

Helen is a bloody unbelievable young angler who seems unstoppable when sheer numbers of small fish are needed to win a match. I find it very hard to beat her on occasion and considering her origins being the north east i reckon shes bloody good (we generally ahve poor fishing!)

I dont have confidence in her ability to catch carp though (not those little under 1lb things)

Im glad the team won, it's a shame i had to meet girls in newcastle [:D]

We honestly didnt think we had a chance considering the teams we were up against and the experience they had within their teams. we've been formed for three years now and have mostly juniors under 12 who are only there to learn the basics.

Anyway, well done to the team, a very good performance from everybody but jonny who could only manage one perch [:D]

Coaching sessions anyone? [:)]

Last edited by a moderator:

midge99

Metal give little Johnny a break, you were cr*p once (some say you still are). you have to learn some where with a little pointing in the right direction no doubt in the future who knows he may well be taking your money in the opens.

mangrojack

at the end of the day mate,

you mention helen not being able to catch carp but if that is the case she would be better for national team matches than you because alot of the time you are fishing for small fish in national matches.

only the odd occasion to carp venues get used.

which nfa event was it anyway?

not trying tosound like a grump well done aldin

Last edited:

Thom

Midge jonnys a very good mate of mine who for the past 5 years i aswell as roger have been trying to teach to fish however he is worse than myself when it comes to doing his own thing. He has a local reputation of d******ing islands with pretty wagglers also [:)]

Phil what i meant is helen is a very good angler however there is still room for improvement (as there is with any of us), these are things im trying to pick up on as i have my coaching sessions again later in the year and i need to find ways in which to improve the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thom

Originally posted by stewy07

but isn't cattericks match lake full of carp???
Yes, but due to the rain gone in weights were very low.

midge99

Originally posted by metalforever

Phil what i meant is helen is a very good angler however there is still room for improvement (as there is with any of us), these are things im trying to pick up on as i have my coaching sessions again later in the year and i need to find ways in which to improve the team.

We all have room for improvement, even the Scotthorne's and Nudd's of this world.

silverman

Did aldin junior's have a match on sunday the 8 th on blackbird.
If so what were the placing's.
And where did you finish metal.Coz if that was you sitting on peg 2,3
or 4 (in the bright blue jacket) you made it look a lot harder than it is to fish aldin grange[:D]

Thom

silverman that was me! Had a **** match to put it simply, weighed one F1 and a few bits, thought my swim was full of silvers but they just buggared off within the first hour, it seemed everyone had the same problem.

Sorry helen if you disagree, however if your coming down to woodlands with us you'll see a significant difference in the angling, thats if the lake has a decent head of carp in.

ask thee fathe

Thom since i started fishing from a young age i was catching carp at woodlands i think it will be a good match with big weights.

brasem

Wear Champ 2011
I would just like to say that having watched Helen on Brasside last week I thought her dad did a lot of feeding for her, Not sure if this is the way it always happens (haven't seen her fish enough), and certainly not doubting her ability.

However Metal, you cannot doubt somebodys ability to catch carp if they are not doing it all the time, I don't fish any commercials but still think I could catch a few carp on a commercial! Please don't knock Helen, I don't know her or any of her family but think its great that a young woman should have the interest in what is a male dominated sport, Keep it up Helen.

Also metal, what qualifies you to criticise? constructive feedback is what is required. If Helen was male would you be making those comments, I seriously doubt it!

Thom

yeah i agree it should be excellent. sorry if i came over strong, its nothing personal, honest [:)]

i mgiht be having a practice session this saturday. you should have a look down!

strat2

i done better in my sleep lol ive had carp to 24lb And i dont class myself as amazing lol the last thing u can do is be bigheaded

silverman

Metal was helen at aldin on sunday.If so was she on the high teens
or early twenty's.
If she is the young girl i saw she was fishing on her own.
Also she seemed to be feeding regular and her set up seemed fine.
Not that i could say that about some others.Also it did seem as though 1 or 2 parent's were doing quite a bit more than just helping.

thetraveller

Originally posted by strat2

i done better in my sleep lol ive had carp to 24lb And i dont class myself as amazing lol the last thing u can do is be bigheaded

Last!!!! It appears it's the first thing that comes across.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.