Congratulations from Lindholme

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilg

The Baldy Man
Congratulations to North East Disabled on a great and close win from East Midlands.
The match went to a close finnish but the home team even after i moved it to the oasis as well has the Bonsai to make it a fair match still managed to scr*pe through with 3 section wins and two seconds ,i am sure Mr Wheels will post the full results.
Unfortunatly it did not fish how i expected but it was still a fair and even match.
The last thing i would like to mention was Tommy going home in Tears after the win,but for TOMMY, must try harder comes to mind LOL.
Thanks again for a well attended match and hope you all enjoyed it has much has me.
Also i think the NFA did commendable and well organised match,with the organisation second to none.
Thanks NFA for a well run match.

midge99

Thank you neil for hosting the event. As you said it was very tight with nobody knowing who had won until it was anounced. A good day was had by all I'm sure.

Midge
North East team

tnpole

i second what you said midge, thanks neil and bev for all your help and well done the nfa and all my team mates for dragging out a win.

great day and a great set of lads.

rock on tommy

terry naulls
north east region

mrwheels

Thanks Neil and Bev for a excellent day, you are great hosts in South Yorkshire.

For those who werent there the individual winners were:-

David Dickens Southern Region 25.620kg
Steve Parker East Midland Region 21.100kg
Jason Rimmer East Midlands Region 20.600kg
Andrew Willet East Midlands Region 19.240kg
Phil Morris East Midlands Region 18.600 kg

Team Winners

North East region 55 points
East Midlands region 53 points
West Midlands region 44 points
North West region 40 points
Eastern region 34 points
South West region 30 points
Southern region 20 points

I believe that the anti has definitely raised, and I cant wait until next years National well done everyone.

Paul Cartwright

KennyRen

Neil it was a good day we all had a laff with each other i did enjoy it but your TOILET is disgusting. one TOILET FOR a 500 peg fishery no lock on door,no handle, no loo paper, nowhere to dry hands and a unisex one at that nor very good is it and if you are in a wheelchair? no disabled toilet people say what a good place it is don't they use loos and the road up to the fishery is like basra

neilg

The Baldy Man
Fortunatly you all seen the road was being done has you all left,unfortunatly IT HAS BEEN RAINING HERE IN LINDHOLME ,and has most people with a brain will Know you cannot repair a road with water in the washed out holes.Then you have to wait until the river banks have been repaired,before they will come WITH THERE EXCAVATORS and scape my road,thats why they were doing it while you were all leaving on a SATURDAY.
The toilet situation was not discusting ,because i cleaned it myself before you all got here and put 6 rolls in and a sign saying if No paper just ask at Cafe.
If people dicided to use/pinch the paper and the sign for ammusment,i had more on my mind the the Bog roll.
I was busy puting up a marquee and fencing off area for you all.Turning my open anglers away at the gates ,so you all had more room.
It is impossible to get more then one in the toilet so No lock is needed imho,there was also Hot water ,towels and soap on the sink you seemed to have missed.
Funny people from Lancashire(some),i have one slagging My wife,probable your pal ,is this the revenge .
I can take it Kenny it was expected from a set of anglers who cannot even all stick together.
May be the new 150 seater cafe all disabled friendly,the new all disabled friendly tackle shop and new toilet block will suit you for 2008.I Doubt it there will still be something wrong.
I seen some of your section members(jb56) are saying there is Know Body around Lancashire who will support use like Lindholme Supports the North East,May be and i mean may be it is people like yourself who can only see the negative small side and dicide too post it which puts your local fisheries off.
I agree the Toilets are not ideal,but i thought getting the fishing lakes/access right for the disabled anglers was more important.
I was up all the week cutting Grass so wheel chairs could move on it,but i take your point and tommys.
May Be you sould have been abit like Tommy and Pm me personally instead of making your self look silly.

Last edited:

jimmyb

Hi All,
The UKDMFC have run two matches at Lindholme first one last year then again this year and will again next year. As Neil admits the toilets are not ideal but we did not have any complaints eveyone managed.
Neil did tell me what he is doing for disabled angling next year and should be commended for doing something to accommodate the disabled angler even-more.

As for the toilets there will be new ones to accommodate the wheelchair angler.

Neil and Bev go out of their way to help the UKDMFC, in every way when i ask the anglers do they want to come back its always unanimous YES.

Myself congratulate Neil in what he as achieved and what he will achieved for all disabled anglers in the future.

Well done and keep up the good work.

JB56

Hi neil,

First of all let me give you and Bev a personal thank you for the use of your complex on Saturday 4th August in The Disabled National my thoughts on the day was that the match was well run and well organised (didn't fish as well as the match with the UKDMFC qualifier and on the two times that I practiced on the venue before the final but thats fishing) the NFA worked hard on the day with the stewarding, weighing and the presentation etc I could see that you yourself had worked hard in the preparation for this event erecting the marquee cutting of the grass etc and I did notice all this on the day and not just in the content of this thread. I personally had a fantastic day and so again I say a very sincere thank you.

I'm ashamed of some of my fellow anglers from our area at the comments they have made in this thread.

I note that you have brought my user name into this thread which I personaly don't mind but please don't associate me or any member of our team on the day with the angler from the North West that verbally abused your wife I had never met the man until the day of the UKDMFC qualifer and if you would care to look back at my comments posted on the relevant thread you will note that I was appalled by his conduct we do not all behave in this manner from the North West.

Neil you are twisting some of the words that I used in a previous post out of the context that they were meant and at this moment in time I don't want to elaborate any further on an open forum for all and sundry to see. And yes I should also have thought before I wrote the comments that you refer to.

We as a troubled team are in our infancy and need new blood in order to improve on our not so bad result in this years national finishing just outside the medals I was truly surprised.

After the match I went to sample your local beer in the reindeer on the way home and was drinking with a man from my section who fishes for the North East Disabled he was fishing on C2 while I was on C3 we talked about the match how well it was run and everything and he was a really nice man and I look forward to seeing him again in future events.

I have only fished Lindholme Lakes on four occasions and I'm really impressed with the venue and it is certainly one of the best fisheries that I have been fortunate enough to attend.

The next time that I come up I will come and say hello and ,make myself known to you just to let you know that I'm not a serial whinger.

Regards

John

peter9000uk

Congrats to Dave Dickens from my club on his individual win! (About time he won something) All the lads I have spoken to had nothing but praise for Lindholme, so I would like to pass on my thanks Neil. Shame the Southern lads could only muster 5 for their team though

neilg

The Baldy Man
John my post although sound as if i was having a go at yourself was not ment that why .
What i was trying to express that it is alot harder to run a disabled match then most others,for the last week it has been a night mare the middle island was flooded,which ment the cars could not drive on it.
I went out and paid 400 for a roll of astro turf to put down so if it did not dry up i would not get caught out with the wheel chairs etc as it happens it dried out completly.
I even if some of you will have noticed cut down and pulled up all the small trees in the middle of the island so it gave the disabled anglers more room to park.I do Not allow any other match/club to park on that arm.
I had the marquee put up for some were to shelter if it continued to rain and even turned away my 35 peg Sat open so you lads could use there lake which i thought would be good.(95lb 6oz won Sun (yesterday and 94lb 15oz second and so one) thats fishing.
I tried and was promised that the road would be done before the match(they thought the match was SUN)that is why they came at 4pm Sat.
But for some one to come on here and go into the details all about the toilet when i am spending 130k on a new Cafe /Tackle shop/Carpark and TOILETS really got my back up.
I recieved a nice Ammusing PM from another angler saying lovely day enjoyed it very much but you could do with a ladies toilet ,great i responded with a amusing pm back No Harm i took it and will do something about it.
Has regards to using your name John i was just trying to say when Fishery Owners read this it put them off from sponcering Disabled Teams when you only get the negatives posted and not always the good.
I am Honestly abit disgrunteld with the whole of the Disabled Match Set-up it seems instead of you all pulling together and supporting each others match most of you all seem to just bicker with each others little mistakes,i Know some of it is just banter(and i can give the best ) but i think it has to stop really before it gets set in any more.
If it was'nt for few lovely Disabled anglers i would put me off have Disabled Matches here.
The problem with My self is i have alot of time for the less Fortunate, Be it homeless,Schools,Mental Health,Disabled or any other minority and i give alot to help or work hard at a loss to hopefully make it a day they can remember,we had 15 x 60 year old Ladies from a Taliban Tribe (i think) last week ,i supplied them with a pole and baits was donated by a bait company i still enjoyed it because it was a special treat to them and they loved it (they still nicked my fish,or tried too).
I am from a Mining Family ,got No qualifications at school,from a poorish working family,but i got what i have by hard work(not winning the Lottery ) has some seem to think.
I hope what i have posted gives NO offence to any individual person /region i have put this how i see it.
This squabbling between regions,clubs must stop has it is putting a stain on all parties.
Last but not least,when i first got involved with the Match fishing Disabled Lads i thought right i will run some big events for them Sponcer them for the world Champs,get the fisho mania Disabled Match going and generally shake a few trees and bring Disabled up too the standard they diserve,but i have now discovered alot of the troubles are there own doing and until you all sort yourself out i am sitting on the fence or (TOILET IF YOU LIKE)

Regards Neil Grantham (Owner Lindholme Lakes )

PS sorry for the poor Grammar/spellings it is like i said (I AM THICK/BALD AND UGLY BUT WHO CARES)

Last edited:

midge99

Well put Neil I totally agree until disabled angling sorts out all the petty in fighting and petty squabbles why should anybody help out.
Just because of a disability it doesn't mean the whole world owes you because of your situation, I have over the last few years found in general it is those with the most severe disabilities that just get on with it without a grumble, those with no obvious physical problems shout and moan the loudest.

As neil rightly says if we all just shut up wineing about tiny little problems that are always overcome just get are head down and fish, most that fish these matchs have a good few years experiance behind them and so if you don't catch 100lb so what nobody does thats fishing.

If we can prove to the rest of the world that we are worthy of the sponsorship and show some support that do try to sponsor disabled events then who knows

KennyRen

Neil i never said anything about your lAKES or Pegs they are ok YOUR TOILETS ARE NOT AND FOR YOU TO GO ON ABOUT LANCASHIRE ANGLERS LIKE YOU DID IS OUT OF ORDER AND NO THE BLOKE YOU GO ON A BOUT IS NOT MY MATE SO NO ITS NOT REVENGE AND YOU SAY IM SILLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A DISABLED TOILET HOW CAN IT BE DISABLED FRIENDY? AT THE END OF THE DAY YOU ARE RUNNING A BUSINESS SO YOU DON'T DO IT FOR NOTHING IF YOU TURN PEOPLE AWAY

drayton king

Well done to the northeast.ps will somebody buy midge a new lighter for five hours all you could here is click click click.

Last edited:

neilg

The Baldy Man
Just to finnish on this subject ,last posting from me on the disabled Match scene.
I have just recieved this lovely PM from KENNYREN THOUGHT YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ HOW POSSITIVE ON GETTING THE TEAMS BACK TOGETHER HE IS.
Just beacus we don't fish for Yorkshire Tykes we don't have to Lick your arse you are well out of order going on about Lancashire Anglers your bogs where dirty just beacus you cleaned them what about the **** that was stuck to the bowl your fishery is not disabled friendy if you don't like it tuff **** lol

JB56

Hi All,

Neil, in my last posting I ommited to congratulate the North East for there win over all the other regions in the NFA Disabled final, so here goes WE FROM THE NORTH WEST CONGRATULATE THE NORTH EAST ON THEIR VICTORY but we will try harder next year.

Neil, I have taken all your comments on my very broad shoulders and you will not hear me saying anything derogatry about you, your family or your venue I can only wish you every success with your expanding business and hope that you will continue to support the disabled angler in the way that you have in the past.

Regards

John

neilg

The Baldy Man
This is a copy and paste ,so the spellings are not mine .
Good Luck on your hard journey forward,with people like KENNYREN to please.

Neil Gratham

Last edited:

Juzzy

YORKSHIRE BAITS UK
just a couple of points on this subject,I didn't fish this match as i do not fish for a team(not good enough)but i have fished lindholme quite a few times in the last 18months or so,i haven't fished there alot this year due to personal problems.
All i can say about Neil and Bev are that they are 2 of the most friendly fishery owners i have ever had the pleasure to meet!!FACT.
I never told never told neil that i suffer with mental health problems and have done for 10 years but he always had time for me and if I OR ANYONE had a problem he would try and help the best way he could.
If the person(i am not mention anyone,i don't want to get name calling ect....)would have took the time to talk to NEIL OR BEV i am 100 percent sure they would have got more toilet paper ect....
and explain what plans he had for the fishery eg:new toilets,cafe ect....Instead of slating the fishery on here.
I hope this person feels big and clever about his actions.

Neil i hope you and Bev will continue running one(if not the best) fishery in yorkshire!!!!
If you are wondering who i am Neil my name is Justin you kindly gave the use of you fishery for Duanes memorial match last year for free to help raise alot of money.

KennyRen

Neil You have made me the bad one here just becus i dident back you up saying what a nice person you are and what a lovey fishery you have if this makes you happy fine

SteveH

Lindholme Refugee
Neil. Like yourself I'm from a mining background, and left school without qualifications, that didn't stop me from becoming a qualified mechanical fitter, and later in life a Psychiatric Nurse. ( I've had other jobs too.)

I say here and now, personally I admire your efforts to help others and you and your partners actions in supporting the disabled anglers as you have. This is not an empty compliment. I am willing to show my admiration by offering any help I can now or in the future if you need any labouring help around the place. I am not looking for financial gain from this offer despite having been unemployed twice recently ( both times due to the actions of employers in the angling industry). However angling is my life's love and I am always willing to put back into the sport something that may benefit others. One of the managing directors of a very well known bait company would act as a referee as to my work ethics and honesty.

This is a genuine offer of help and support to someone who helps and supports others. It is also my response to the whingers and whiners, if you don't like something do what you can to help change it, the attacks on you are cowardly imho, and would have been better dealt with as complaints on the day, face to face, or by PM here if really necessary. You can PM me any time if my offer of help is acceptable and you need an extra pair of hands to improve your facility in any way.

Please don't let the self centered people get you down and put you against the idea of supporting the majority of disabled anglers who will be as appalled at this situation as you are.

All the best and keep up the good work you do. SteveH.

Glenn Archer

Y.T.D.A.A.
Kenny, had a bad day again?, apologise and move on. Neil knows what the problems are with his fishery and is sorting it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.